Coordinating Body  Minutes  Meeting of 2021.01.12

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes  Meeting of 2021.01.12

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Ivan Tröscher, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :

Roles  Facilitator : NW  Minutes : JF Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : JB Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles –
2.C. Approval of minutes of last meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting (1/19/21)
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (see status updates below)

3. Status Updates

3.A. PT January Communication to the Community (1.15)
PT sent notice to review ahead of time?.
Other updates on status of this communication

3.B. January 23, 1pm ET All-PT Call
Theme planned to be Center and Groups TF
Notify WGs to provide their updated reports.
CB host for this all-PT call?
Remind all WG to send someone to give their report

3.C. CB-PT zoom room status
Host key for this room will be given to CB

3. D. Trello update; is it being updated? By who?
[If ex, still lists All-PT cocktail party in backlog]
4. Updates from CB members on their areas (short summaries)

Code of Conduct – moving forward to be effective on Shambhala Day.
PTP group – met, uncertainty
GMS – met, trying to dialogue with community on participatory leadership; define local centers and leadership within context of Shambhala hierarchy

Body Break

Community Engagement TF
Pilot conversations – last one tomorrow;
Working on page on Shambhala Online to register for future conversations; purpose is to understand how people are feeling; if we’re a community, how can everyone feel part of it. Can we openly talk about ‘the problem’ from different points of view?
E. Serving on PT: Consolidation of Documents, including discussion on incorporating new members and exit protocols.
Designing the process for expanding, inviting, and training new people serving on the PT
F. Communications / IT
February 17 communication: reserved for CEI

G. Inclusiveness – grants for six projects were announced
[Can we list these six projects?]
5. Discussion:
All-PT Call on Jan 23,
CB host for this all-PT call

Notify WGs to provide their updated reports.
Extended meeting by 10 minutes ending at 13:10 ET
Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time) and
Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

Decisions Made

 

Date Review Date Decision Details
1/12/2021 All-PT call will be a Communication Exchange, sharing information from PT working groups, Sh Europe, SGS, and Land Centers 

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
1/12/2021 KM January 23 All-PT call – KM will draft announcements and invite Joanna Francis and Melanie Klein and Land Center directors (or representatives)

PT meeting is a community exchange: PT WG and TF updates (brief), Land Center updates, (SGS update and Sh Europe update?) and open conversation

1/12/2021 All Notify WGs to provide their updated reports.

Remind all WG to send someone to give their report

1/12/2021 KM Need to invite Joanna Francis (Sh Europe), Melanie Klein (SGS) and Shambhala Land Center Directors, as well as PT members.

Coordinating Body Minutes – 2020.12.22

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body Minutes Meeting of 2020.12.22

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher   Absent :  Ivan Tröscher

Roles  Facilitator : NW Minutes : CE  Speakers List : [name] Time Keeper : JF Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of minutes of last meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting (No meeting 12/29. Next meeting 1/05/20 ( we continue meeting on Tuesdays)
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (see status updates below)

3. Status Updates

3.A. CB communications to PT

01/09 open call canceled
January 10-15 (translation 7 days prior)‘PT’ information to the community at large including interesting numbers about Shambhala, links to survey reports, Code of Conduct rollout,CEI and GMS updates. Review draft of the January Communication

January 23rd themed call. Include reports from WGs. Center and Groups TF
February 17 communication: reserved for CEI; translation deadline?

3.B Weekly link of approved minutes now posted to the Groups IO. (Done)

3.C. CE TF Topics – Belonging, GMS as topics.
Piloting status
Going public mid-January on Shambhala Online platform. Confirmed
Janet reports already close to 40 people registered for the facilitator’s gatherings during the holidays.

3.D. CB-PT zoom room status: to be completed

3.E CoC
JF reports that due the shortage of time before Shambhala day, the plan for the implantation of the CoC has been reduced by the Board. This will reflect a more step by step and hands on strategy that will evolve in time with the involvement of the community. The participation of the community stays the main approach to make this Coc a living experience rather than a set of rules.

Body Break

3.E. Consolidation of Documents on how we serve on the PT including further discussion on incorporating new members and exit protocols. This document outlines topics:
Designing the process for expanding, inviting, and training new people serving on the PT

 

4. Continue last week’s discussion:
How does the PT fit organizationally in Shambhala – participation?
The PT is the vision holder for all the groups that are working on different themes and actions throughout the mandala.
It was intended to become the voice of the community, to balance the previous state where there was no room for the community not only to be heard but to know itself and share understanding and agency.
Analogy with the art of war:
We come from a terrain that emphasized control and top-down authorization. This resulted in pain and anger and what we have today.
We are now shifting the terrain by moving it, doing things that change it piece by piece: the Coc, the Community Engagement through conversations across the mandala, the Governance modelisation.

We can already see some signs of change, like a seemering

More cross-sangha connections
More crowd sourcing knowledge
less identification of teacher/person
Multiple streams of teaching, enriching
Popping the local bubble, connecting through zoom with a bigger view of the sangha
Realizing in the PT that we are not seen as shit-activists anymore but that we have dharmic agency.

Even feeling outraged can become a place of agency: how can we move things in a dharmic way, expanding the view of enlightened society and transmission lineage.

Reflection to be continued..
Who are our stakeholders, who is involved? In broad view – including those past the boundaries of the organization. PT being at arm length from the Board and the Potrang.

Refer to the documents on stakeholders
Debrief and Closing
HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

Coordinating Body Meeting Notes – Dec 22, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes Meeting of 2020.12.22

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :  Ivan Tröscher

Roles  Facilitator : NW Minutes : CE  Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : JF Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of minutes of last meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting (No meeting 12/29. Next meeting 1/05/20 ( we continue meeting on Tuesdays)
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (see status updates below)

3. Status Updates

3.A. CB communications to PT

01/09 open call canceled
January 10-15 (translation 7 days prior)‘PT’ information to the community at large including interesting numbers about Shambhala, links to survey reports, Code of Conduct rollout,CEI and GMS updates. Review draft of the January Communication

January 23rd themed call. Include reports from WGs. Center and Groups TF
February 17 communication: reserved for CEI; translation deadline?

3.B Weekly link of approved minutes now posted to the Groups IO. Done

3.C. CE TF Topics – Belonging, GMS as topics.
Piloting status
Going public mid-January on Shambhala Online platform. Confirmed
Janet reports already close to 40 people registered for the facilitator’s gatherings during the holidays.

3.D. CB-PT zoom room status: to be completed

3.E CoC
JF reports that due the shortage of time before Shambhala day, the organigram for the implantation of the CoC has been reduced by the Board. This will reflect a more step by step and hands on strategy that will evolve in time with the involvement of the community. The participation of the community stays the main approach to make this Coc a living experience rather than a set of rules.

Body Break

3.E. Consolidation of Documents on how we serve on the PT including further discussion on incorporating new members and exit protocols. This document outlines topics:
Designing the process for expanding, inviting, and training new people serving on the PT

 

4. Continue last week’s discussion:
How does the PT fit organizationally in Shambhala – participation?
The PT is the vision holder for all the groups that are working on different themes and actions throughout the mandala.
It was intended to become the voice of the community, to balance the previous state where there was no room for the community not only to be heard but to know itself and share understanding and agency.
Analogy with the art of war:
We come from a terrain that emphasized control and top-down authorization. This resulted in pain and anger and what we have today.
We are now shifting the terrain by moving it, doing things that change it piece by piece: the Coc, the Community Engagement through conversations across the mandala, the Governance modelisation.

We can already see some signs of change, like a seemering

More cross-sangha connections
More crowd sourcing knowledge
less identification of teacher/person
Multiple streams of teaching, enriching
Popping the local bubble, connecting through zoom with a bigger view of the sangha
Realizing in the PT that we are not seen as shit-activists anymore but that we have dharmic agency.

Even feeling outraged can become a place of agency: how can we move things in a dharmic way, expanding the view of enlightened society and transmission lineage.

Reflection to be continued..
Who are our stakeholders, who is involved? In broad view – including those past the boundaries of the organization. PT being at arm length from the Board and the Potrang.

Refer to the document on stakeholders –

Debrief and Closing
HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

 

 

Date Review Date Decision Details
2020-12-22 CB Meetings to be held on Tues in 2021, next one Jan 3d

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
2021-01-03 CE, NW Finalize the January communication on the PT

JF and KM will write a short paragraph on Coc For Dec 30th, to be added to the 2 already written topics ( CE and Survey)

All article being edited by CE and Nora for jan 3d

KM sending it to Ashley

Coordinating Body Meeting Notes – Dec 15, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes   Meeting of 2020.12.15

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein,  Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser,   Absent :  Shel Sampa Fisher, Jim Fladmark, Ivan Tröscher.

Roles  Facilitator : NW Minutes : IT  Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : JF Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RxG8s-1Lh1le3Nk8boLn94aFUwyJyPYZxKS3xCdHLo8/edit
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)
– all-PT open conversation 1-9 at 2 PM Eastern
3. Status Updates

12-13 Cocktail Party report
Lightly attended. Consider suspending the open conversation events as they don’t seem to be necessary/attractive.

Weekly link of approved minutes now posted to the Groups IO. Feedback?

Upcoming communications: SGS communication stream:

3.1 January 10-15 (translation 7 days prior)‘PT’ information to the community at large including interesting numbers about Shambhala, links to survey reports, Code of Conduct rollout,CEI and GMS updates Include CB report, emphasizing the PT role in making these things happen.

3.2 February 17 communication: reserved for CEI; translation deadline?

CB-PT zoom room status

CE TF Topics – Belonging, GMS as topics. Piloting in the next couple of weeks, going public mid-January hopefully in Shambhala Online platform.

All-PT Call on Jan 23rd. Include reports from WGs? Center and Groups TF?

Consolidation of Documents on how we serve on the PT including further discussion on incorporating new members and exit protocols
Designing the process for expanding, inviting, and training new people serving on the PT

Surveys — DM/DA is currently supporting SGS in a survey of how the community uses and produces online services. In addition, reports for the Sense of Shambhala survey remain available and sub-analyses are being conducted.

How does the PT fit organizationally in Shambhala – participation? Third point on a triangle? Take experience of coordinating body – how to be really devoted to coordinating, with a larger group of people specializing in topic areas. Difficulty of the model of PT as a heavy responsibility, limits participation. A role in the Board makes sense if you are generating policies. But liaisoning well with the Board is helpful – PT manifesting in different ways in different situations. Who are our stakeholders, who is involved? In broad view – including those past the boundaries of the organization. PT Arm length from the Board and the Potrang.
Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time) and
Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

Decisions Made

Date Review Date Decision Details
12/15/20 CE Cancel Jan 9th Open Office
12/15/20 Cancel 12-29 CB meeting

Action Items

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
12/15/20 12/22/20 KM Find the document on stakeholders itemized by Working Groups for us to examine.
12/15/20 12/22/20 KM and all Review draft of the January Communication

Coordinating Body Minutes – Dec 08, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes  Meeting of 2020.12.08

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :  Ivan Tröscher

Roles  Facilitator : NW Minutes : SSF  Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : JF Call Host : JF Well-Being : [name]

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of last meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting – 2020.12.15
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting – same
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)
– All-PT Open Conversation 2020.12.13 at 2 PM Eastern
3. Status Updates

12-13 Cocktail Party details: Invitation? Host?
CE, KM, SSF will be present
Start with full group, then multiple breakout rooms to meet one another.
Maybe have conversation starters.
Non-Business Conversation

Post a link to the approved minutes to the Groups IO regularly – It would be great if in that thread there was a bit of a narrative or summary of the topics discussed.

Set up and ensure a monthly spot in the Shambhala SGS communication stream for ‘PT’ information to the community at large.
KM has been making progress on setting this up with Ashley Dinges.
We will need to plan for lead-time for translations.

CB-PT zoom room acquired?

Start thinking about theme for All-PT Call on Jan 23rd. Will we invite reports from WGs and Initiatives as in November?
– Updates from WG
– Invite Centres & Groups TF to this meeting to hear from them.

CE TF to meet with Mimi V. tomorrow re. What it would take to host planned CE conversations on Shambhala Online.

4. Discussion on Serving on the PT

Designing the process for expanding, inviting, and training new PT members

Review: Nobody outside the PT knows we exist. How to remedy?

PT membership status: Boundary issue. When are you part of PT and no longer a part?

New PT members: WGs extend invitations to others to join when needs are identified, or….?

Communication: within PT/ with community? Outline minutes? How that works?.

Creating less than full “serving on the PT” roles, e.g. “Community Participant”, for those serving only a specific activity, or an Advisor.
Body Break
Continue Discussion of PT Membership

Intention to be able to formalize people’s departures, and welcoming new people, by Shambhala Day 2021.02.12.
Communication to Community in January

Dates : January 10-15
Translation to start no later than : 7 days before.
Will include summaries of items with links to greater details.
Topics :
– Interesting numbers about Shambhala + links to Survey Reports
– Code of Conduct Rolling Out
– Community Engagement & mention of GMS

February Communication
– Reserved for CEI communication
– February 17
Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time) and
Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

 

Date Review Date Decision Details
2020.12.08 2020.02 public communication will be reserved for CEI
Desired date is 2020.02.17.
2020.12.08 2020.01 public communication to go out on 2020.01.13
Finished comms to go to translation by 2020.01.03.

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
2020.12.08 KM Post a link to the minutes to the Groups IO regularly
2020.12.08 SSF Consolidate KM & SSF documentation on how we serve on the PT

Coordinating Body Meeting Minutes – Nov 24, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body
Minutes
Meeting of 2020.11.24

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Ivan Tröscher, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher
Absent :

Roles
Facilitator : CE
Minutes : NW
Speakers List : –
 
Time Keeper : JB
Call Host : JF
Well Being : –

Items

1. Meditation

2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting. Approved.
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting. Approved
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)
– All-PT Themed Call 11-28 at 3 PM Eastern

3. Status Updates

3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations

  • E-Mail to Centers and Groups to ask for Volunteers

3.B. Action Item Status Updates

  • (SSF, JB) – Membership/Serving on the PT All-PT Call Feedback
    Need to review the recording of the September call. Transcript provided. Need to extract meaningful nuggets. No action to date.
  • (JB) – CE TF Update on the Timetable
    Themes for upcoming events: “Belonging to Shambhala” and “How to have Difficult Conversations” are some themes to explore through Shambhala Day.
    Also, other PT WGs want to initiate conversations (GMS, Code of Conduct). Input on conversations to be captured.
    Can we be more concrete with the timetable, or put together a sequence of events? We are developing a page on website listing names of facilitators and participants. Link here. This is one way the PT is reaching out.
    Upcoming conversations will be “practice” for extending CEI beyond PT WGs to the wider community. What format should follow-up take? Conversations to be linear or concurrent? What does the CB intend to do with feedback? Can we map that out?
  • (CE) – European mandala
    CE, IT to meet with each other and other European representatives to identity issues and/or communication opportunities. Include European contacts in Center and Groups mailings as there’s growing interest in communicating.
  • (JF) – Reconciliation Conversations — What is SGS doing?
    Please note differentiation between Code of Conduct (baseline for what is misconduct) and Care and Conduct (a restorative project).

Body Break

4. Prep for 2020.11.27 All PT Meeting – JB to facilitate. Link to agenda

Link to CB Report

Plan to collect from call, a list of everything going on.

5. Designing the process for expanding, inviting, and training new PT members. Tabled.

6. An All-PT cocktail party for Dec.
Tabled.

7. PT Website to move within Shambhala Namespace ?
Tabled.

Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time) and
Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

 

Decisions Made

Date Review Date Decision Details
11.24.2020 agenda for all PT meeting (November 28, 2020)  Record (JB), transcribe and send summary to PT or website.

 

Action Items

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
11.24.20 SSF, NW, IT Membership All-PT Call Feedback   Need to review the recording of the September call.  Transcript provided.  Need to extract meaningful nuggets.  No action to date.
11/24/20 IT, JB, JF Need list of current things going on (with links) that we need to coordinate with. This is intended theme of 11.28 All-PT meeting.

Coordinating Body Meeting Notes – Nov 19, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes Meeting of 2020.11.19

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :  Ivan Tröscher

Roles  Facilitator : CE Minutes : NW  Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : JB Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting. Approved.
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting. Short meeting on US Thanksgiving for those who an attend
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB) – all-PT call 11-28 at 3 PM Eastern
3. Status Updates

3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations

NW – Open conversation 2020-11-14. NW reported on meeting with 6 participants. Perhaps need to consider different format.

JF, CE – Plan for Forgiveness & Reconciliation. Gathering. 3-hr gathering was fruitful. Sincere, deeply personal, respectful. Good format for difficult conversations. Notes to be shared with CEI task force as CEI format was used (as a prototype. Should CEI form a forgiveness conversation?) Action? Further conversations may occur. MIght the HOPE group get involved? (One participant shared post-meeting that it was helpful to be so open in sharing).

JB – Shambhala Online presentation of CE I. Participants seemed to enjoy conversations. A longing to connect in difficult conversations was expressed, i.e.being with each other without an agenda.

3.B. Action Item Status Updates

SSF, JB – Membership All-PT Call Feedback Need to review the recording of the September call. Will create a transcript, extract meaningful nuggets. See link in transparency recordings.

KM – CB selection announcement re IT completed.

JB – CE TF Update. Themes are being discussed.

SS – GMS will be sending invitations for conversation.

KM, JF – Centres and groups. Past two meetings well attended. Four zoom meetings are booked in the next two weeks; looking for a conversation host. Noc 20 meeting postponed.

CE – European mandala. CE and IT wrote letter re European involvement and received feedback from Peter Nowak, Mary F, and Joanna Francis. Any action on hold for now.
4- CB Report
– Are we ready to share a draft with the PT? Yes, ready to go.

How it will link into November All-PT Themed Call (2020.11.28)
See Item 5.
Body Break
5. Prep for All PT meeting .
WG updates: Ask specific people in WGs to give summary report at All-PT meeting: PTP (Nora), CEI TF (Fred), GMS (Ivan & SSF), DM (Janet) , CoC/Healing & Learning(Jan Frans?), F&L (Jon & Barbara);
Ask WGs: “What do they need?
CB report reactions
How should CB evaluate itself?

6. Membership reflection.
How to invite new members into PT for needs of WGs, o5 should we invite associates on a per project basis?
Can we repeat process used for F&L?
Need a summary of process.
We know we need people for Communications.
How might we recruit those skilled in communications to help develop strategy — a per project effort.

7. Open –
Is there a more convenient meeting time? Let’s try Tuesdays at the same time (11am – 1 pm eastern) for the remaining weeks in 2020. All present agreed.

Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
B. Closing Touch-In
C. Dedication of Merit
D. Bow

Decisions Made

 

Date Review Date Decision Details
20.11.19 20.12.29 New CB weekly meeting time:  Tuesdays at the same time (11am – 1 pm eastern) for the remaining weeks in 2020.  All present agreed.

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
20.11.19 20.11.19 JF Make SSF a  standing alternative host.
20.11.19 tbd JF Share notes from Forgiveness… with CEI task force
20.11.19 tbd IT, NW, CE All PT September call updates still needed.
20.11.19 20.11.19 KM Postpone Centre & Groups on 11.20 and invite interested participants to help organize meeting.
20.11.19 tbd KM Process for recruiting new PT members, or a task force participant, as needed.  How to invite, how to interview, accept, oath in?  How to orient?
2020.11.19 2020.11.19 KM, SSF Send CB Report Summary message to PT
20.11.19 20.11.19 JF, SSF, JB All PT meeting invitations:  JF to email Jan Frans; SSF to email F&L reps; JB to email Fred Meyer.
20.11.19 20.24.19 CE Add PT website to next week’s agenda

 

Coordinating Body Meeting Minutes – Oct 29, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body Minutes  Meeting of 2020.10.29

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :  Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser

Roles  Facilitator : JB Minutes : JB   Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : NW Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)
3. Status Updates

3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations

3.B. Action Item Status Updates
SSF – Membership All-PT Call Feedback Need to review the recording of the September call, Will create a transcript, extract meaningful nuggets.

JB – CE TF Update View: each person transforms from separateness to integration.

JF Update on new F&L WG — Barbara Wolkowitz and Jon Barbieri will meet and get going.
4. Nomination Process for CB Vacancy
– Extended Status Update
– Including people besides those serving on the CB to help with the final nominees interviews, should these be required. Done, waiting for confirmation of attendance. Interviews are 10-30-20.
5. Brainstorming CB Evaluation Measures
– Are we ready to share a draft with the PT ?
How to scale up to a larger group of active people – how to keep small groups of people connected to each other. Collaborative – clear delegation and linking through communication.

Early, but having indicators will be confidence building. Mix counts and evaluations. Identify dimensions of good functioning and what the measures would look like. Dimensions of PT functioning and CB functioning. This is a coordinating mechanism.
Body Break
6. Forgiveness and Reconciliation – A Proposal
Extended Status Update—- tension around staying/escaping.
7. Discuss format of Center and Group zoom agenda: What are the challenges you are facing and what support could we offer each other? What is inspiring? Safe space, cradle of loving kindness

8. Review of the October All-PT Themed Call (2020.10.25): Success that the Board,PT and SGS together – felt complete like we were all on the same page, open and sharing. Bottom up emphasis, not waiting for the Board to do everything, but they want to listen,Circulation of communication

9. Inclusivity Support Team Update
– Grant-recipients outreach effort

Idea shared with Tara, she is supportive
Flex Time
– A Time for Empathetic Conversations ?
10. Debrief and Closing
10.A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
10.B. Closing Touch-In
10.C. Dedication of Merit
10.D. Bow

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
10-29-20 11-4-20 JF-CE Confirm attendance for forgiveness gathering, plan the 11-15 gathering
10-29-20 11-4-20 SSF-JB Turn the evaluation brainstorm document into a set of indicatorsJB
10-29-20 11-4-20 JB Post minutes from 10-25 All-PT meeting

Coordinating Body Meeting Notes – Nov 12, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes  Meeting of 2020.11.12

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Ivan Tröscher, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :  

Roles – Facilitator : CE Minutes : NW  Speakers List : [name] Time Keeper : JB Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)

Open conversation 11-14 at 3 PM Eastern with KM, NW, JB will be present. WGs invited to share updates at beginning of call.

All-PT call 11-28 at 3 PM Eastern. WGs invited to share updates at beginning of call.

3. Status Updates

3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations

3.B. Action Item Status Updates

Open conversation 2020-11-14, who?

JF, CE – Plan for Forgiveness & Reconciliation Pilot gathering on Nov 15th. Communication ongoing with scheduled participants.

SSF, JB – Membership All-PT Call Feedback Need to review the recording of the September call. Will create a transcript, extract meaningful nuggets. Need help to look at file and form, to consolidate and summarize for PT, and pull out actions items. JB will attempt using new transcript software. IT and NW to help.
gform
Transcript (will be in Recordings folder)
Summary Document

KM – CB selection announcement (move to next time)

JB – CE TF Update. Fred Meyer and Janet B. presenting via SO on Nov 15th. Anticipating trial CE conversations in near future.

JB – Survey Part IV goes live on Nov 13th. Sent to PT first, then community.

CE – Inclusivity grant update (N/A)

KM, JF – Centers and Groups update. Consensus to continue with regular meetings. “Western” US meeting went well. Chain of communications within Shambhala erratic – a theme. Request from JB from participants not to have call scheduled late on a Friday.
4. Proposal for a European mandala gathering

Complex communications among European centers as well as with Shambhala Europe make this a challenge. Noted that recent experience with North American centers engaging in horizontal communication with SGS and Centers & Groups WG has been helpful for NA. Question posed: Could this be effort be part of Center & Group WG rather than CB?
Body Break
5. Brainstorming CB Evaluation Measures
Catherine and Janet have produced a draft report to be sent by Janet CB Report

Are we ready to share a draft with the PT? May need some refinement to make it more visually accessible to PT. (SSF)
Suggestion: release in several parts? Or summarize 6 months of activity month by month. Who is audience?
Could we have a quantified of our progress?
Missing Governance Models input.
Suggestion: Share a summary with PT with link to full doc on PT website. (SSF)

How it will link into November All-PT Themed Call (2020.11.28)
Report of status. Call could be evaluation of report as well progress of PT in general. To be continued next week.
6. PT web page. Fred M is updating with CE information.
7. New and Recent PT Members. No action this week.
Needed steps: Which WG do potential members want to join? Review PT job description and commitments. Explain interview process, Revisit next week.
Flex Time
– A Time for Empathetic Conversations ? (N/A)
Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
B. Closing Touch-In
C. Dedication of Merit
D. Bow

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
2020.11.12 JF Decide on regular time for Centers and Groups
2020.11.12 SSF, IT, NW Summarize PT Membership Feedback (All-PT Call 2020.09.26)

2020.11.12 SSF, IT Share a Summary of CB Report – 2020.11 with PT with link to full doc on PT website. (SSF)

Welcome

The Coordinating Body would like to welcome a new member. Ivan Troescher of the governance working group is taking the Governance seat. We look forward to working with him to move forward the aims of the process team. A thank you to all who helped with the interview process so that it was a more arms length and inclusive process of selection.

We would also like to welcome Barbara Wolkowitz of Chicago to the finance legal group WG. With the loss of Greg Lubkin that group had no legal support for the legal questions that arise. We Welcome Barbara’s experience and willingness to be involved in the consultation questions from the Board and the community that come to the Process Team.

Appreciating all of the process team in all that you do to deep thinking and connecting.

The Coordinating Body of the process team,
Catherine Eveillard, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Janet Bronstein, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher