Coordinating Body Meeting Minutes of 2021.02.02

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body minutes Meeting of 2021.02.02

Attendees :  Catherine Éveillard, Ivan Tröscher, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher   Absent :  

Roles  Facilitator : JF  Minutes : KM  Speakers List : Well-Being :  Time Keeper : SSF Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles –
2.C. Approval of minutes of last meeting
2.D. Approval of today’s Agenda
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting (2/09/21)
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (see status updates below)
Shamb Day Feb 12; All-PT Feb 21, themed
Year of the Metal Ox – Feb 12
Cancel Feb 7th all PT conversation
Next meeting talk about all PT on Feb 21
3. Status Updates

3. A. main@shambhala-process-team.Groups.io calendar
Review for accuracy. Frequency of Upcoming Events calendar?

B. Brief discussion on All-PT call Saturday, January 23
Written report of All-PT call?

Checking notes that CE made
Sending to participants for review by??
Sending to all participants
Posting to groups io for the PT

C. Any Follow up on the PT February Communication
Adding announcement about CE conversations

KM and JB to clarify with Ashley

D. Report of CE communications – Belonging in Shambhala
Gov pilot conversation

The conversations are starting and are getting full – they are spreading by word of mouth but next cei meeting is focusing more on how to spread that.
Looking at is the conversation focusing on what it is supposed to be focusing on.

There were governance and belonging conversations –
Ivan reported that people were happy with the governance conversation – surprisingly positive.

Great when you put your ideas out to caring smart people and they react and care and support. – clarifying the ‘point’ of the conversations.

Ask these conversations happen – how is the information being woven into the work we are doing as a PT – what is the circulation system of the conversation?
Very important to spread the data, ways and uses of it.
This will be looked at again.

4. PT membership: Adding PT membership / clarification of membership / leaving members
Review proposal to define term of service, commitment, and process to add or remove PT members
Draft – PT Service Topics

Noun/Verb – member or serving on
How to enter
confidentiality
Please all re-read and comment on the document and we will come back to it.
This will be the main document for PT membership

Body Break
5. Evaluation of the CB – Role Appreciation & Evaluation.
Next steps get PT feedback on questions

Comment and review a last time
SS will post to groups IO
One week to comment.
This is a living process and any comments applied after that will be applied to the next version.
Email to feedback and SS KM to respond and incorporate.

6. Center and Group Conv with SGS
CE Conv on Gov

A letter came out from SGS – in response to the survey that centres and groups filled out.
There will be structured conversations coming out of this
This has been in conjunction with some of the PT – and this is a conversation they would like us (the PT) to host for them.

Format – like the Community engagement – but focused on the participation of the centre leadership.

How does a centre accommodate students who want to study with the Sakyong and those who do not participate in the same groups.

This is a service function of the CE working group – and Data and has been in process for a while and has just been launched to centre leadership via a letter from Melanie Klien.

The PT is not necessarily the recipient of the content of the conversations – but is here to help, support and facilitate them [ the internet provider ]

Ongoing suggestion for clarity around the word ‘leadership’ and ability to include council members and council styles.
It is fishy as

Q – all centres or just USA? A – starting with USA

Ongoing suggestion for not segregating but cross pollinating.

Please pass along the suggestion that Europe not be dealt with through SGS but instead by individual centres and groups.

Ask John David Smith to create an “Emerging Leadership” category for everyone that is even interested in participating in Shambhala Leadership Succession.

Moving beyond just silos.
How to circulate communications.

Maybe this is a theme for the next All PT?The conversations are about ‘affiliations’ and possible criteria for legal associations. Which is possibly why

SGS is starting with usa/cda. Europe has different legals and so will be approached later, based on this initial work.

There are different legalities but the Issues are the same. So European participation should happen as well.

Possible centres and groups – wg – that is Europe based!
Requesting Melanie to show up in Europe conversations. (as they don’t know who she is).

7. Review backlog items on Trello
For next week
Flex time
Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time) and
Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

Decisions Made

 

Date Review Date Decision Details
Cancel the AllPT conversation of Feb 7th

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
KM Cancel FEB 7 meeting – done
KM Add intro to notes of last all pt meeting with land centres and get comments from them and share with PT
All Feedback on PT Service Topics by next meeting.  

Coordinating Body Meeting Minutes of 2021.01.26

                                                                                                                                                      Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body Minutes Meeting of 2021.01.26

Attendees :  Catherine Éveillard, Ivan Tröscher, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Roles Facilitator : IT Minutes : JF  Speakers List : Well-Being : Time Keeper : JB Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles –
2.C. Approval of minutes of last meeting
2.D. Approval of today’s Agenda
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting (2/02/21)
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (see status updates below)
Year of the Metal Ox – Feb 12
Cancel Feb 7th all PT conversation
Next meeting talk about all PT on Feb 21

3. Status Updates

3. A. main@shambhala-process-team.Groups.io calendar Upcoming Events announcements (email sent on Jan 2) has received great feedback. Do these go out regularly? By who?

B. Brief discussion on All-PT call last Saturday, January 23
Catherine’s comments about format, writing a report to the PT,
and using this format in Europe to break isolation.
What stood out from this meeting
How this conversation connected land centers and is primary function of PT; KCL about programs with and without SMR; SMC External marketing; limited communication infrastructure in Shambhala

C. Any Follow up on the PT January Communication to the
Community (Jan 15)? People volunteered for PT WGs.
4. PT membership: Adding PT membership / clarification of membership / leaving members
Review proposal to define term of service, commitment, and process to add or remove PT members – review google doc
This was talked about in CB in December but not completed, and was the theme topic for the All-PT call on September 28
Note: CE define main function of PT as communications and bridging communications.
Two other roles associated with PT: Advisers, and task support can be added at the discretion of WG as needed
Need clear primary role for full PT member – has global vision
Revisit priorities of PT – independent of Bd, Potrang, ad hoc representatives of community body. Propose bigger group to work on PT membership and purpose. Will address this again at next meeting.
Body Break
5. Evaluation of the CB – Role Appreciation & Evaluation.
Next steps get PT feedback on questions; put out to the PT and get feedback; begin to review feedback at next CB meeting
6. Community Engagement – update on CE conversations
Conversations begin next week; have 31 facilitators, mentored by Susan Skjei and Phil Cass once a month.
Will pilot GMS conversation next week.
Add CE to Feb Communication to the Community

Discussions on Governance conversations – suggest reaching out to Centers and Groups
Currently working with two realms of conversation about governance: a) SGS and Center leaders, very practical conversations for center survival, defining rights and responsibilities of Sh centers b) Community wide CE conversations on participatory governance (congresses, decision making, etc)
For second realm, bring inactive governance people, and inactive center and groups WG to help with that conversation; note that Centers and Group has no one who is active. KM suggested a few people from GMS expand out to other people.
7. Review backlog items on Trello – add again next week
Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time) and
Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
1/26 SSF/KM Will review calendars – main and CB sections on Groups.io for accuracy of automatic messages
1/26 CE Write report on All-PT call 1/23 for all of PT; few PT members attended. Are these meetings useful?
1/26 SSF Will work on PT membership doc and review in next CB meeting
1/26 JB/KM Add CE to Feb Communication to the Community

Coordinating Body Meeting Minutes of 2021.01.19

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body Minutes Meeting of 2021.01.19

Attendees :  Catherine Éveillard, Ivan Tröscher, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher Absent :  

Roles Facilitator : IT Minutes : JF  Speakers List : [name] Time Keeper : JB Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles –
2.C. Approval of minutes of last meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting (2021.01.26)
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (see status updates below)
2021.01.23 All-PT Call – Centres & Groups
3. Status Updates

3. A. PT January Communication to the Community (1.15)
Feedback. Follow up could be an agenda item?

3. B. Adding PT membership / clarification of membership / leaving members
WG can accept new members; PT needs a written statement of how new members are added. Introduction of terms – from one Shambhala Day to the next. When WG people are added to Group.io, they are in effect PT members. SSF and KM will write up a document. This is a follow-up from December All-PT meeting.

3. C. Trello update; is it being updated?
Is being updated by SSF

3. D. CB-PT zoom room status – solved.

4. January 23, 1pm ET All-PT Call
Communication Exchange: PT with, SGS, Land
Centers, and Major Centers – invitation
Have heard from MGayner, BRailla, Joanna
Need clarity for land centers on what info to share.
Susan Skjei was also invited.
Still need to hear from WG and who is presenting
Basic Agenda (hosted by CB- community Building)
Indiv WG updates
Introduction : This call is an opportunity to hear from the Land Centres and have a communication exchange, without problem solving.
Status updates from land centers
Gen Discussion
GMS received email from M Klein – share those points with PT and land centers.

PT WGs to provide their updated reports.
CB host for this all-PT call? KM with support from SSF and JF

Body Break
5. a) Community Engagement
Now a registration page on Shambhala Online for upcoming conversations: CE registration page for ‘Belonging in Shambhala’ conversations in January and February.
CE has arranged mentoring with Phill Cass and Susan Skjei for facilitators.
Other CE conversations coming soon:
Waiting for GMS how they want to frame their topic.
PTP CE questions, CoC CE questions framed.
How to support local leaders and land centers.
b) data management update – working on a dashboard for well-being and strategic goals, a reflection of our interdependence and how to help centers prosper (a new proposal by SGS)

6. CB Role Appreciation & Evaluation – how the PT evaluates and gives feedback to the CB.
Planning Document Updated (SSF)
Draft gForm

A Next Step : Get PT Feedback on Questions
This becomes role evaluation of the PT.

Flex time
Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time) and
Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

Decisions Made

 

Date Review Date Decision Details

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
1/19 1/26 SSF & KM Finish google document on PT membership and present to CB next week.
1/19 SSF Share new zoom room info with all on CB. (done)
1/19 SSF Send survey points from GMS to KM to update invitation
1/19 KM Send updated information / invitation to those invited to All-PT call
2021.01.19 SSF Draft a request for comments from the PT re. CB Role Appreciation & Evaluation questions. (done)
2021.01.19 All Review and make any comments on latest draft of CB RA&A document.

Coordinating Body Minutes Meeting of 2021.01.12

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes  Meeting of 2021.01.12

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Ivan Tröscher, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :

Roles  Facilitator : NW  Minutes : JF Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : JB Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles –
2.C. Approval of minutes of last meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting (1/19/21)
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (see status updates below)

3. Status Updates

3.A. PT January Communication to the Community (1.15)
PT sent notice to review ahead of time?.
Other updates on status of this communication

3.B. January 23, 1pm ET All-PT Call
Theme planned to be Center and Groups TF
Notify WGs to provide their updated reports.
CB host for this all-PT call?
Remind all WG to send someone to give their report

3.C. CB-PT zoom room status
Host key for this room will be given to CB

3. D. Trello update; is it being updated? By who?
[If ex, still lists All-PT cocktail party in backlog]
4. Updates from CB members on their areas (short summaries)

Code of Conduct – moving forward to be effective on Shambhala Day.
PTP group – met, uncertainty
GMS – met, trying to dialogue with community on participatory leadership; define local centers and leadership within context of Shambhala hierarchy

Body Break

Community Engagement TF
Pilot conversations – last one tomorrow;
Working on page on Shambhala Online to register for future conversations; purpose is to understand how people are feeling; if we’re a community, how can everyone feel part of it. Can we openly talk about ‘the problem’ from different points of view?
E. Serving on PT: Consolidation of Documents, including discussion on incorporating new members and exit protocols.
Designing the process for expanding, inviting, and training new people serving on the PT
F. Communications / IT
February 17 communication: reserved for CEI

G. Inclusiveness – grants for six projects were announced
[Can we list these six projects?]
5. Discussion:
All-PT Call on Jan 23,
CB host for this all-PT call

Notify WGs to provide their updated reports.
Extended meeting by 10 minutes ending at 13:10 ET
Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time) and
Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

Decisions Made

 

Date Review Date Decision Details
1/12/2021 All-PT call will be a Communication Exchange, sharing information from PT working groups, Sh Europe, SGS, and Land Centers 

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
1/12/2021 KM January 23 All-PT call – KM will draft announcements and invite Joanna Francis and Melanie Klein and Land Center directors (or representatives)

PT meeting is a community exchange: PT WG and TF updates (brief), Land Center updates, (SGS update and Sh Europe update?) and open conversation

1/12/2021 All Notify WGs to provide their updated reports.

Remind all WG to send someone to give their report

1/12/2021 KM Need to invite Joanna Francis (Sh Europe), Melanie Klein (SGS) and Shambhala Land Center Directors, as well as PT members.

Coordinating Body Minutes Meeting of 2020.12.22

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body Minutes Meeting of 2020.12.22

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher   Absent :  Ivan Tröscher

Roles  Facilitator : NW Minutes : CE  Speakers List : [name] Time Keeper : JF Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of minutes of last meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting (No meeting 12/29. Next meeting 1/05/20 ( we continue meeting on Tuesdays)
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (see status updates below)

3. Status Updates

3.A. CB communications to PT

01/09 open call canceled
January 10-15 (translation 7 days prior)‘PT’ information to the community at large including interesting numbers about Shambhala, links to survey reports, Code of Conduct rollout,CEI and GMS updates. Review draft of the January Communication

January 23rd themed call. Include reports from WGs. Center and Groups TF
February 17 communication: reserved for CEI; translation deadline?

3.B Weekly link of approved minutes now posted to the Groups IO. (Done)

3.C. CE TF Topics – Belonging, GMS as topics.
Piloting status
Going public mid-January on Shambhala Online platform. Confirmed
Janet reports already close to 40 people registered for the facilitator’s gatherings during the holidays.

3.D. CB-PT zoom room status: to be completed

3.E CoC
JF reports that due the shortage of time before Shambhala day, the plan for the implantation of the CoC has been reduced by the Board. This will reflect a more step by step and hands on strategy that will evolve in time with the involvement of the community. The participation of the community stays the main approach to make this Coc a living experience rather than a set of rules.

Body Break

3.E. Consolidation of Documents on how we serve on the PT including further discussion on incorporating new members and exit protocols. This document outlines topics:
Designing the process for expanding, inviting, and training new people serving on the PT

 

4. Continue last week’s discussion:
How does the PT fit organizationally in Shambhala – participation?
The PT is the vision holder for all the groups that are working on different themes and actions throughout the mandala.
It was intended to become the voice of the community, to balance the previous state where there was no room for the community not only to be heard but to know itself and share understanding and agency.
Analogy with the art of war:
We come from a terrain that emphasized control and top-down authorization. This resulted in pain and anger and what we have today.
We are now shifting the terrain by moving it, doing things that change it piece by piece: the Coc, the Community Engagement through conversations across the mandala, the Governance modelisation.

We can already see some signs of change, like a seemering

More cross-sangha connections
More crowd sourcing knowledge
less identification of teacher/person
Multiple streams of teaching, enriching
Popping the local bubble, connecting through zoom with a bigger view of the sangha
Realizing in the PT that we are not seen as shit-activists anymore but that we have dharmic agency.

Even feeling outraged can become a place of agency: how can we move things in a dharmic way, expanding the view of enlightened society and transmission lineage.

Reflection to be continued..
Who are our stakeholders, who is involved? In broad view – including those past the boundaries of the organization. PT being at arm length from the Board and the Potrang.

Refer to the documents on stakeholders
Debrief and Closing
HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

Coordinating Body Meeting Minutes of 2020.12.22

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes Meeting of 2020.12.22

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :  Ivan Tröscher

Roles  Facilitator : NW Minutes : CE  Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : JF Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of minutes of last meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting (No meeting 12/29. Next meeting 1/05/20 ( we continue meeting on Tuesdays)
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (see status updates below)

3. Status Updates

3.A. CB communications to PT

01/09 open call canceled
January 10-15 (translation 7 days prior)‘PT’ information to the community at large including interesting numbers about Shambhala, links to survey reports, Code of Conduct rollout,CEI and GMS updates. Review draft of the January Communication

January 23rd themed call. Include reports from WGs. Center and Groups TF
February 17 communication: reserved for CEI; translation deadline?

3.B Weekly link of approved minutes now posted to the Groups IO. Done

3.C. CE TF Topics – Belonging, GMS as topics.
Piloting status
Going public mid-January on Shambhala Online platform. Confirmed
Janet reports already close to 40 people registered for the facilitator’s gatherings during the holidays.

3.D. CB-PT zoom room status: to be completed

3.E CoC
JF reports that due the shortage of time before Shambhala day, the organigram for the implantation of the CoC has been reduced by the Board. This will reflect a more step by step and hands on strategy that will evolve in time with the involvement of the community. The participation of the community stays the main approach to make this Coc a living experience rather than a set of rules.

Body Break

3.E. Consolidation of Documents on how we serve on the PT including further discussion on incorporating new members and exit protocols. This document outlines topics:
Designing the process for expanding, inviting, and training new people serving on the PT

 

4. Continue last week’s discussion:
How does the PT fit organizationally in Shambhala – participation?
The PT is the vision holder for all the groups that are working on different themes and actions throughout the mandala.
It was intended to become the voice of the community, to balance the previous state where there was no room for the community not only to be heard but to know itself and share understanding and agency.
Analogy with the art of war:
We come from a terrain that emphasized control and top-down authorization. This resulted in pain and anger and what we have today.
We are now shifting the terrain by moving it, doing things that change it piece by piece: the Coc, the Community Engagement through conversations across the mandala, the Governance modelisation.

We can already see some signs of change, like a seemering

More cross-sangha connections
More crowd sourcing knowledge
less identification of teacher/person
Multiple streams of teaching, enriching
Popping the local bubble, connecting through zoom with a bigger view of the sangha
Realizing in the PT that we are not seen as shit-activists anymore but that we have dharmic agency.

Even feeling outraged can become a place of agency: how can we move things in a dharmic way, expanding the view of enlightened society and transmission lineage.

Reflection to be continued..
Who are our stakeholders, who is involved? In broad view – including those past the boundaries of the organization. PT being at arm length from the Board and the Potrang.

Refer to the document on stakeholders –

Debrief and Closing
HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

 

 

Date Review Date Decision Details
2020-12-22 CB Meetings to be held on Tues in 2021, next one Jan 3d

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
2021-01-03 CE, NW Finalize the January communication on the PT

JF and KM will write a short paragraph on Coc For Dec 30th, to be added to the 2 already written topics ( CE and Survey)

All article being edited by CE and Nora for jan 3d

KM sending it to Ashley

Coordinating Body Meeting Minutes of 2020.12.15

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes   Meeting of 2020.12.15

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein,  Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser,   Absent :  Shel Sampa Fisher, Jim Fladmark, Ivan Tröscher.

Roles  Facilitator : NW Minutes : IT  Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : JF Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RxG8s-1Lh1le3Nk8boLn94aFUwyJyPYZxKS3xCdHLo8/edit
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)
– all-PT open conversation 1-9 at 2 PM Eastern
3. Status Updates

12-13 Cocktail Party report
Lightly attended. Consider suspending the open conversation events as they don’t seem to be necessary/attractive.

Weekly link of approved minutes now posted to the Groups IO. Feedback?

Upcoming communications: SGS communication stream:

3.1 January 10-15 (translation 7 days prior)‘PT’ information to the community at large including interesting numbers about Shambhala, links to survey reports, Code of Conduct rollout,CEI and GMS updates Include CB report, emphasizing the PT role in making these things happen.

3.2 February 17 communication: reserved for CEI; translation deadline?

CB-PT zoom room status

CE TF Topics – Belonging, GMS as topics. Piloting in the next couple of weeks, going public mid-January hopefully in Shambhala Online platform.

All-PT Call on Jan 23rd. Include reports from WGs? Center and Groups TF?

Consolidation of Documents on how we serve on the PT including further discussion on incorporating new members and exit protocols
Designing the process for expanding, inviting, and training new people serving on the PT

Surveys — DM/DA is currently supporting SGS in a survey of how the community uses and produces online services. In addition, reports for the Sense of Shambhala survey remain available and sub-analyses are being conducted.

How does the PT fit organizationally in Shambhala – participation? Third point on a triangle? Take experience of coordinating body – how to be really devoted to coordinating, with a larger group of people specializing in topic areas. Difficulty of the model of PT as a heavy responsibility, limits participation. A role in the Board makes sense if you are generating policies. But liaisoning well with the Board is helpful – PT manifesting in different ways in different situations. Who are our stakeholders, who is involved? In broad view – including those past the boundaries of the organization. PT Arm length from the Board and the Potrang.
Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time) and
Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

Decisions Made

Date Review Date Decision Details
12/15/20 CE Cancel Jan 9th Open Office
12/15/20 Cancel 12-29 CB meeting

Action Items

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
12/15/20 12/22/20 KM Find the document on stakeholders itemized by Working Groups for us to examine.
12/15/20 12/22/20 KM and all Review draft of the January Communication

Coordinating Body Meeting Minutes of 2020.12.08

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes  Meeting of 2020.12.08

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :  Ivan Tröscher

Roles  Facilitator : NW Minutes : SSF  Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : JF Call Host : JF Well-Being : [name]

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of last meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting – 2020.12.15
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting – same
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)
– All-PT Open Conversation 2020.12.13 at 2 PM Eastern
3. Status Updates

12-13 Cocktail Party details: Invitation? Host?
CE, KM, SSF will be present
Start with full group, then multiple breakout rooms to meet one another.
Maybe have conversation starters.
Non-Business Conversation

Post a link to the approved minutes to the Groups IO regularly – It would be great if in that thread there was a bit of a narrative or summary of the topics discussed.

Set up and ensure a monthly spot in the Shambhala SGS communication stream for ‘PT’ information to the community at large.
KM has been making progress on setting this up with Ashley Dinges.
We will need to plan for lead-time for translations.

CB-PT zoom room acquired?

Start thinking about theme for All-PT Call on Jan 23rd. Will we invite reports from WGs and Initiatives as in November?
– Updates from WG
– Invite Centres & Groups TF to this meeting to hear from them.

CE TF to meet with Mimi V. tomorrow re. What it would take to host planned CE conversations on Shambhala Online.

4. Discussion on Serving on the PT

Designing the process for expanding, inviting, and training new PT members

Review: Nobody outside the PT knows we exist. How to remedy?

PT membership status: Boundary issue. When are you part of PT and no longer a part?

New PT members: WGs extend invitations to others to join when needs are identified, or….?

Communication: within PT/ with community? Outline minutes? How that works?.

Creating less than full “serving on the PT” roles, e.g. “Community Participant”, for those serving only a specific activity, or an Advisor.
Body Break
Continue Discussion of PT Membership

Intention to be able to formalize people’s departures, and welcoming new people, by Shambhala Day 2021.02.12.
Communication to Community in January

Dates : January 10-15
Translation to start no later than : 7 days before.
Will include summaries of items with links to greater details.
Topics :
– Interesting numbers about Shambhala + links to Survey Reports
– Code of Conduct Rolling Out
– Community Engagement & mention of GMS

February Communication
– Reserved for CEI communication
– February 17
Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time) and
Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

 

Date Review Date Decision Details
2020.12.08 2020.02 public communication will be reserved for CEI
Desired date is 2020.02.17.
2020.12.08 2020.01 public communication to go out on 2020.01.13
Finished comms to go to translation by 2020.01.03.

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
2020.12.08 KM Post a link to the minutes to the Groups IO regularly
2020.12.08 SSF Consolidate KM & SSF documentation on how we serve on the PT

Coordinating Body Meeting Minutes of 2020.11.24

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body
Minutes
Meeting of 2020.11.24

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Ivan Tröscher, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher
Absent :

Roles
Facilitator : CE
Minutes : NW
Speakers List : –
 
Time Keeper : JB
Call Host : JF
Well Being : –

Items

1. Meditation

2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting. Approved.
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting. Approved
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)
– All-PT Themed Call 11-28 at 3 PM Eastern

3. Status Updates

3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations

  • E-Mail to Centers and Groups to ask for Volunteers

3.B. Action Item Status Updates

  • (SSF, JB) – Membership/Serving on the PT All-PT Call Feedback
    Need to review the recording of the September call. Transcript provided. Need to extract meaningful nuggets. No action to date.
  • (JB) – CE TF Update on the Timetable
    Themes for upcoming events: “Belonging to Shambhala” and “How to have Difficult Conversations” are some themes to explore through Shambhala Day.
    Also, other PT WGs want to initiate conversations (GMS, Code of Conduct). Input on conversations to be captured.
    Can we be more concrete with the timetable, or put together a sequence of events? We are developing a page on website listing names of facilitators and participants. Link here. This is one way the PT is reaching out.
    Upcoming conversations will be “practice” for extending CEI beyond PT WGs to the wider community. What format should follow-up take? Conversations to be linear or concurrent? What does the CB intend to do with feedback? Can we map that out?
  • (CE) – European mandala
    CE, IT to meet with each other and other European representatives to identity issues and/or communication opportunities. Include European contacts in Center and Groups mailings as there’s growing interest in communicating.
  • (JF) – Reconciliation Conversations — What is SGS doing?
    Please note differentiation between Code of Conduct (baseline for what is misconduct) and Care and Conduct (a restorative project).

Body Break

4. Prep for 2020.11.27 All PT Meeting – JB to facilitate. Link to agenda

Link to CB Report

Plan to collect from call, a list of everything going on.

5. Designing the process for expanding, inviting, and training new PT members. Tabled.

6. An All-PT cocktail party for Dec.
Tabled.

7. PT Website to move within Shambhala Namespace ?
Tabled.

Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time) and
Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

 

Decisions Made

Date Review Date Decision Details
11.24.2020 agenda for all PT meeting (November 28, 2020)  Record (JB), transcribe and send summary to PT or website.

 

Action Items

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
11.24.20 SSF, NW, IT Membership All-PT Call Feedback   Need to review the recording of the September call.  Transcript provided.  Need to extract meaningful nuggets.  No action to date.
11/24/20 IT, JB, JF Need list of current things going on (with links) that we need to coordinate with. This is intended theme of 11.28 All-PT meeting.

Coordinating Body Meeting Minutes of 2020.11.19

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes Meeting of 2020.11.19

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :  Ivan Tröscher

Roles  Facilitator : CE Minutes : NW  Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : JB Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting. Approved.
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting. Short meeting on US Thanksgiving for those who an attend
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB) – all-PT call 11-28 at 3 PM Eastern
3. Status Updates

3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations

NW – Open conversation 2020-11-14. NW reported on meeting with 6 participants. Perhaps need to consider different format.

JF, CE – Plan for Forgiveness & Reconciliation. Gathering. 3-hr gathering was fruitful. Sincere, deeply personal, respectful. Good format for difficult conversations. Notes to be shared with CEI task force as CEI format was used (as a prototype. Should CEI form a forgiveness conversation?) Action? Further conversations may occur. MIght the HOPE group get involved? (One participant shared post-meeting that it was helpful to be so open in sharing).

JB – Shambhala Online presentation of CE I. Participants seemed to enjoy conversations. A longing to connect in difficult conversations was expressed, i.e.being with each other without an agenda.

3.B. Action Item Status Updates

SSF, JB – Membership All-PT Call Feedback Need to review the recording of the September call. Will create a transcript, extract meaningful nuggets. See link in transparency recordings.

KM – CB selection announcement re IT completed.

JB – CE TF Update. Themes are being discussed.

SS – GMS will be sending invitations for conversation.

KM, JF – Centres and groups. Past two meetings well attended. Four zoom meetings are booked in the next two weeks; looking for a conversation host. Noc 20 meeting postponed.

CE – European mandala. CE and IT wrote letter re European involvement and received feedback from Peter Nowak, Mary F, and Joanna Francis. Any action on hold for now.
4- CB Report
– Are we ready to share a draft with the PT? Yes, ready to go.

How it will link into November All-PT Themed Call (2020.11.28)
See Item 5.
Body Break
5. Prep for All PT meeting .
WG updates: Ask specific people in WGs to give summary report at All-PT meeting: PTP (Nora), CEI TF (Fred), GMS (Ivan & SSF), DM (Janet) , CoC/Healing & Learning(Jan Frans?), F&L (Jon & Barbara);
Ask WGs: “What do they need?
CB report reactions
How should CB evaluate itself?

6. Membership reflection.
How to invite new members into PT for needs of WGs, o5 should we invite associates on a per project basis?
Can we repeat process used for F&L?
Need a summary of process.
We know we need people for Communications.
How might we recruit those skilled in communications to help develop strategy — a per project effort.

7. Open –
Is there a more convenient meeting time? Let’s try Tuesdays at the same time (11am – 1 pm eastern) for the remaining weeks in 2020. All present agreed.

Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
B. Closing Touch-In
C. Dedication of Merit
D. Bow

Decisions Made

 

Date Review Date Decision Details
20.11.19 20.12.29 New CB weekly meeting time:  Tuesdays at the same time (11am – 1 pm eastern) for the remaining weeks in 2020.  All present agreed.

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
20.11.19 20.11.19 JF Make SSF a  standing alternative host.
20.11.19 tbd JF Share notes from Forgiveness… with CEI task force
20.11.19 tbd IT, NW, CE All PT September call updates still needed.
20.11.19 20.11.19 KM Postpone Centre & Groups on 11.20 and invite interested participants to help organize meeting.
20.11.19 tbd KM Process for recruiting new PT members, or a task force participant, as needed.  How to invite, how to interview, accept, oath in?  How to orient?
2020.11.19 2020.11.19 KM, SSF Send CB Report Summary message to PT
20.11.19 20.11.19 JF, SSF, JB All PT meeting invitations:  JF to email Jan Frans; SSF to email F&L reps; JB to email Fred Meyer.
20.11.19 20.24.19 CE Add PT website to next week’s agenda