Coordinating Body Minutes – Dec 08, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes  Meeting of 2020.12.08

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :  Ivan Tröscher

Roles  Facilitator : NW Minutes : SSF  Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : JF Call Host : JF Well-Being : [name]

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of last meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting – 2020.12.15
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting – same
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)
– All-PT Open Conversation 2020.12.13 at 2 PM Eastern
3. Status Updates

12-13 Cocktail Party details: Invitation? Host?
CE, KM, SSF will be present
Start with full group, then multiple breakout rooms to meet one another.
Maybe have conversation starters.
Non-Business Conversation

Post a link to the approved minutes to the Groups IO regularly – It would be great if in that thread there was a bit of a narrative or summary of the topics discussed.

Set up and ensure a monthly spot in the Shambhala SGS communication stream for ‘PT’ information to the community at large.
KM has been making progress on setting this up with Ashley Dinges.
We will need to plan for lead-time for translations.

CB-PT zoom room acquired?

Start thinking about theme for All-PT Call on Jan 23rd. Will we invite reports from WGs and Initiatives as in November?
– Updates from WG
– Invite Centres & Groups TF to this meeting to hear from them.

CE TF to meet with Mimi V. tomorrow re. What it would take to host planned CE conversations on Shambhala Online.

4. Discussion on Serving on the PT

Designing the process for expanding, inviting, and training new PT members

Review: Nobody outside the PT knows we exist. How to remedy?

PT membership status: Boundary issue. When are you part of PT and no longer a part?

New PT members: WGs extend invitations to others to join when needs are identified, or….?

Communication: within PT/ with community? Outline minutes? How that works?.

Creating less than full “serving on the PT” roles, e.g. “Community Participant”, for those serving only a specific activity, or an Advisor.
Body Break
Continue Discussion of PT Membership

Intention to be able to formalize people’s departures, and welcoming new people, by Shambhala Day 2021.02.12.
Communication to Community in January

Dates : January 10-15
Translation to start no later than : 7 days before.
Will include summaries of items with links to greater details.
Topics :
– Interesting numbers about Shambhala + links to Survey Reports
– Code of Conduct Rolling Out
– Community Engagement & mention of GMS

February Communication
– Reserved for CEI communication
– February 17
Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time) and
Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

 

Date Review Date Decision Details
2020.12.08 2020.02 public communication will be reserved for CEI
Desired date is 2020.02.17.
2020.12.08 2020.01 public communication to go out on 2020.01.13
Finished comms to go to translation by 2020.01.03.

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
2020.12.08 KM Post a link to the minutes to the Groups IO regularly
2020.12.08 SSF Consolidate KM & SSF documentation on how we serve on the PT

Coordinating Body Meeting Minutes – Nov 24, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body
Minutes
Meeting of 2020.11.24

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Ivan Tröscher, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher
Absent :

Roles
Facilitator : CE
Minutes : NW
Speakers List : –
 
Time Keeper : JB
Call Host : JF
Well Being : –

Items

1. Meditation

2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting. Approved.
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting. Approved
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)
– All-PT Themed Call 11-28 at 3 PM Eastern

3. Status Updates

3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations

  • E-Mail to Centers and Groups to ask for Volunteers

3.B. Action Item Status Updates

  • (SSF, JB) – Membership/Serving on the PT All-PT Call Feedback
    Need to review the recording of the September call. Transcript provided. Need to extract meaningful nuggets. No action to date.
  • (JB) – CE TF Update on the Timetable
    Themes for upcoming events: “Belonging to Shambhala” and “How to have Difficult Conversations” are some themes to explore through Shambhala Day.
    Also, other PT WGs want to initiate conversations (GMS, Code of Conduct). Input on conversations to be captured.
    Can we be more concrete with the timetable, or put together a sequence of events? We are developing a page on website listing names of facilitators and participants. Link here. This is one way the PT is reaching out.
    Upcoming conversations will be “practice” for extending CEI beyond PT WGs to the wider community. What format should follow-up take? Conversations to be linear or concurrent? What does the CB intend to do with feedback? Can we map that out?
  • (CE) – European mandala
    CE, IT to meet with each other and other European representatives to identity issues and/or communication opportunities. Include European contacts in Center and Groups mailings as there’s growing interest in communicating.
  • (JF) – Reconciliation Conversations — What is SGS doing?
    Please note differentiation between Code of Conduct (baseline for what is misconduct) and Care and Conduct (a restorative project).

Body Break

4. Prep for 2020.11.27 All PT Meeting – JB to facilitate. Link to agenda

Link to CB Report

Plan to collect from call, a list of everything going on.

5. Designing the process for expanding, inviting, and training new PT members. Tabled.

6. An All-PT cocktail party for Dec.
Tabled.

7. PT Website to move within Shambhala Namespace ?
Tabled.

Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time) and
Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

 

Decisions Made

Date Review Date Decision Details
11.24.2020 agenda for all PT meeting (November 28, 2020)  Record (JB), transcribe and send summary to PT or website.

 

Action Items

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
11.24.20 SSF, NW, IT Membership All-PT Call Feedback   Need to review the recording of the September call.  Transcript provided.  Need to extract meaningful nuggets.  No action to date.
11/24/20 IT, JB, JF Need list of current things going on (with links) that we need to coordinate with. This is intended theme of 11.28 All-PT meeting.

Coordinating Body Meeting Notes – Nov 19, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes Meeting of 2020.11.19

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :  Ivan Tröscher

Roles  Facilitator : CE Minutes : NW  Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : JB Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting. Approved.
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting. Short meeting on US Thanksgiving for those who an attend
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB) – all-PT call 11-28 at 3 PM Eastern
3. Status Updates

3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations

NW – Open conversation 2020-11-14. NW reported on meeting with 6 participants. Perhaps need to consider different format.

JF, CE – Plan for Forgiveness & Reconciliation. Gathering. 3-hr gathering was fruitful. Sincere, deeply personal, respectful. Good format for difficult conversations. Notes to be shared with CEI task force as CEI format was used (as a prototype. Should CEI form a forgiveness conversation?) Action? Further conversations may occur. MIght the HOPE group get involved? (One participant shared post-meeting that it was helpful to be so open in sharing).

JB – Shambhala Online presentation of CE I. Participants seemed to enjoy conversations. A longing to connect in difficult conversations was expressed, i.e.being with each other without an agenda.

3.B. Action Item Status Updates

SSF, JB – Membership All-PT Call Feedback Need to review the recording of the September call. Will create a transcript, extract meaningful nuggets. See link in transparency recordings.

KM – CB selection announcement re IT completed.

JB – CE TF Update. Themes are being discussed.

SS – GMS will be sending invitations for conversation.

KM, JF – Centres and groups. Past two meetings well attended. Four zoom meetings are booked in the next two weeks; looking for a conversation host. Noc 20 meeting postponed.

CE – European mandala. CE and IT wrote letter re European involvement and received feedback from Peter Nowak, Mary F, and Joanna Francis. Any action on hold for now.
4- CB Report
– Are we ready to share a draft with the PT? Yes, ready to go.

How it will link into November All-PT Themed Call (2020.11.28)
See Item 5.
Body Break
5. Prep for All PT meeting .
WG updates: Ask specific people in WGs to give summary report at All-PT meeting: PTP (Nora), CEI TF (Fred), GMS (Ivan & SSF), DM (Janet) , CoC/Healing & Learning(Jan Frans?), F&L (Jon & Barbara);
Ask WGs: “What do they need?
CB report reactions
How should CB evaluate itself?

6. Membership reflection.
How to invite new members into PT for needs of WGs, o5 should we invite associates on a per project basis?
Can we repeat process used for F&L?
Need a summary of process.
We know we need people for Communications.
How might we recruit those skilled in communications to help develop strategy — a per project effort.

7. Open –
Is there a more convenient meeting time? Let’s try Tuesdays at the same time (11am – 1 pm eastern) for the remaining weeks in 2020. All present agreed.

Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
B. Closing Touch-In
C. Dedication of Merit
D. Bow

Decisions Made

 

Date Review Date Decision Details
20.11.19 20.12.29 New CB weekly meeting time:  Tuesdays at the same time (11am – 1 pm eastern) for the remaining weeks in 2020.  All present agreed.

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
20.11.19 20.11.19 JF Make SSF a  standing alternative host.
20.11.19 tbd JF Share notes from Forgiveness… with CEI task force
20.11.19 tbd IT, NW, CE All PT September call updates still needed.
20.11.19 20.11.19 KM Postpone Centre & Groups on 11.20 and invite interested participants to help organize meeting.
20.11.19 tbd KM Process for recruiting new PT members, or a task force participant, as needed.  How to invite, how to interview, accept, oath in?  How to orient?
2020.11.19 2020.11.19 KM, SSF Send CB Report Summary message to PT
20.11.19 20.11.19 JF, SSF, JB All PT meeting invitations:  JF to email Jan Frans; SSF to email F&L reps; JB to email Fred Meyer.
20.11.19 20.24.19 CE Add PT website to next week’s agenda

 

Coordinating Body Meeting Minutes – Oct 29, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body Minutes  Meeting of 2020.10.29

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :  Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser

Roles  Facilitator : JB Minutes : JB   Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : NW Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)
3. Status Updates

3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations

3.B. Action Item Status Updates
SSF – Membership All-PT Call Feedback Need to review the recording of the September call, Will create a transcript, extract meaningful nuggets.

JB – CE TF Update View: each person transforms from separateness to integration.

JF Update on new F&L WG — Barbara Wolkowitz and Jon Barbieri will meet and get going.
4. Nomination Process for CB Vacancy
– Extended Status Update
– Including people besides those serving on the CB to help with the final nominees interviews, should these be required. Done, waiting for confirmation of attendance. Interviews are 10-30-20.
5. Brainstorming CB Evaluation Measures
– Are we ready to share a draft with the PT ?
How to scale up to a larger group of active people – how to keep small groups of people connected to each other. Collaborative – clear delegation and linking through communication.

Early, but having indicators will be confidence building. Mix counts and evaluations. Identify dimensions of good functioning and what the measures would look like. Dimensions of PT functioning and CB functioning. This is a coordinating mechanism.
Body Break
6. Forgiveness and Reconciliation – A Proposal
Extended Status Update—- tension around staying/escaping.
7. Discuss format of Center and Group zoom agenda: What are the challenges you are facing and what support could we offer each other? What is inspiring? Safe space, cradle of loving kindness

8. Review of the October All-PT Themed Call (2020.10.25): Success that the Board,PT and SGS together – felt complete like we were all on the same page, open and sharing. Bottom up emphasis, not waiting for the Board to do everything, but they want to listen,Circulation of communication

9. Inclusivity Support Team Update
– Grant-recipients outreach effort

Idea shared with Tara, she is supportive
Flex Time
– A Time for Empathetic Conversations ?
10. Debrief and Closing
10.A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
10.B. Closing Touch-In
10.C. Dedication of Merit
10.D. Bow

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
10-29-20 11-4-20 JF-CE Confirm attendance for forgiveness gathering, plan the 11-15 gathering
10-29-20 11-4-20 SSF-JB Turn the evaluation brainstorm document into a set of indicatorsJB
10-29-20 11-4-20 JB Post minutes from 10-25 All-PT meeting

Coordinating Body Meeting Notes – Nov 12, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes  Meeting of 2020.11.12

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Ivan Tröscher, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :  

Roles – Facilitator : CE Minutes : NW  Speakers List : [name] Time Keeper : JB Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)

Open conversation 11-14 at 3 PM Eastern with KM, NW, JB will be present. WGs invited to share updates at beginning of call.

All-PT call 11-28 at 3 PM Eastern. WGs invited to share updates at beginning of call.

3. Status Updates

3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations

3.B. Action Item Status Updates

Open conversation 2020-11-14, who?

JF, CE – Plan for Forgiveness & Reconciliation Pilot gathering on Nov 15th. Communication ongoing with scheduled participants.

SSF, JB – Membership All-PT Call Feedback Need to review the recording of the September call. Will create a transcript, extract meaningful nuggets. Need help to look at file and form, to consolidate and summarize for PT, and pull out actions items. JB will attempt using new transcript software. IT and NW to help.
gform
Transcript (will be in Recordings folder)
Summary Document

KM – CB selection announcement (move to next time)

JB – CE TF Update. Fred Meyer and Janet B. presenting via SO on Nov 15th. Anticipating trial CE conversations in near future.

JB – Survey Part IV goes live on Nov 13th. Sent to PT first, then community.

CE – Inclusivity grant update (N/A)

KM, JF – Centers and Groups update. Consensus to continue with regular meetings. “Western” US meeting went well. Chain of communications within Shambhala erratic – a theme. Request from JB from participants not to have call scheduled late on a Friday.
4. Proposal for a European mandala gathering

Complex communications among European centers as well as with Shambhala Europe make this a challenge. Noted that recent experience with North American centers engaging in horizontal communication with SGS and Centers & Groups WG has been helpful for NA. Question posed: Could this be effort be part of Center & Group WG rather than CB?
Body Break
5. Brainstorming CB Evaluation Measures
Catherine and Janet have produced a draft report to be sent by Janet CB Report

Are we ready to share a draft with the PT? May need some refinement to make it more visually accessible to PT. (SSF)
Suggestion: release in several parts? Or summarize 6 months of activity month by month. Who is audience?
Could we have a quantified of our progress?
Missing Governance Models input.
Suggestion: Share a summary with PT with link to full doc on PT website. (SSF)

How it will link into November All-PT Themed Call (2020.11.28)
Report of status. Call could be evaluation of report as well progress of PT in general. To be continued next week.
6. PT web page. Fred M is updating with CE information.
7. New and Recent PT Members. No action this week.
Needed steps: Which WG do potential members want to join? Review PT job description and commitments. Explain interview process, Revisit next week.
Flex Time
– A Time for Empathetic Conversations ? (N/A)
Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
B. Closing Touch-In
C. Dedication of Merit
D. Bow

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
2020.11.12 JF Decide on regular time for Centers and Groups
2020.11.12 SSF, IT, NW Summarize PT Membership Feedback (All-PT Call 2020.09.26)

2020.11.12 SSF, IT Share a Summary of CB Report – 2020.11 with PT with link to full doc on PT website. (SSF)

Coordinating Boddy Meeting Notes – Nov 05, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes  Meeting of 2020.11.05

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Ivan Tröscher, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser  Absent :  Shel Sampa Fisher

Roles  Facilitator : CE Minutes : JB   Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : NW Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB) – open office hours 11-14 3 PM Eastern, all-PT call 11-28 3 PM Eastern
3. Status Updates

3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations

3.B. Action Item Status Updates

CE-JF-SSF – CB Nominee update
Welcome and thanks to Ivan Troescher taking the Governance seat
JF-KM – Centre Zoom gathering
Oct 30 had 12 attendees, open conversation. Another one scheduled for Nov 6th. Need monthly schedule. Whether to offer in Europe?.
JF-CE — Plan for Forgiveness gathering
18 people invited to process-pilot format is being planned — connect deeply. Outcome will emerge.
SSF – Membership All-PT Call Feedback Need to review the recording of the September call, Will create a transcript, extract meaningful nuggets.
JB – minutes from 10-25 all-PT meeting
Not ready, but when they are, the link to the notes can be sent to our list of centre and group leaders.
JB – CE TF Update
Board supportive, information to the community will be posted on the PT website
CE – Inclusivity grant update
Idea of PT meeting with the inclusivity grant recipients is supported by SGS — only 3 grants have been approved so far.
4. Goodbye and Welcome Members
Announce Ivan taking a seat on the CB, welcome Barbara to Finance and Legal
Body Break
5. Brainstorming CB Evaluation Measures Proposed Evaluation indicators 2020.11.05

6. PT web page — need a segment that hosts the community conversation initiative. Includes harvest that people can post to. – possibly rearrange pages
7. Ideas for November All-PT Themed Call (2020.10.25)
Have the meeting be a chance for each WG to update on what they are doing. Acknowledge this has been hard to do. Maybe turn the documentation of that meeting into a living document to keep people updated on activities?
Flex Time
– A Time for Empathetic Conversations ?
10. Debrief and Closing
10.A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
10.B. Closing Touch-In
10.C. Dedication of Merit
10.D. Bow

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
11.05.2020 11.12.2020 CE/IT THoughts about how-whether to extend the Centres and Groups open zoomt o European sangha
11.05.2020 11.12.2020 CE/JB Draft CB evaluation report
11.05.2020 11.12.2020 KM Report Centre and Groups zoom to Melanie
11.05.2020 JB, SSF Revision of PT web page to host CE and SoS on top
11.05.2020 KM Invitation to Working Groups to report activities at the November all-PT meeting

Coordinating Body Meeting Notes – October 15, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes  Meeting of 2020.10.15

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Shel Sampa Fisher        Absent :  Nora Wiser

Roles  Facilitator : JB Minutes : CE   Speakers List : [name]   Time Keeper : KM Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (All PT 10-25)
Kristine in retreat, Nora and Catherine not available
Let’s do it at 15.00 ET for Susie
3. Status Updates

3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations

3.B. Action Item Status Updates
All – Updating Times for All-PT Calls (Open & Themed) to be more accessible for New Zealand, Europe.
KM – Comms – Gratitude toward those recently stepping down
KM – Working with PT members who are not in a Working Group
Report on Open conversation meeting on 10-11
Report on the Board Webinar on 10-11
JF, KM – Open Video Call for group and centers planned in November ( two times for West coast and East coast)

SSF – Brainstorming CB Evaluation Measures
Please read
SSF – Finance & Legal Renewal
To be decided very soon: 3 candidates are lined up
SSF – Nomination Process for CB Vacancy
Starting today
SSF – Membership All-PT Call Feedback
To be followed
4. Healing and Reconciliation: a CEI project – A Proposal
Reference : Talk by William Ury – The Third Side
First: assemble a task-force to brainstorm what questions would be relevant ( with PT and non PT members)
Need to be clear about the role / responsibility of the Listening Group /
Time frame: run a first session mid november

6. Planning October All-PT Themed Call (2020.10.25)
Working Theme : Results of the SGS Centre & Groups Survey

Backup Plan : Relationship between PT & SGS & Board
Or : Serving on the PT and new people

5. Next Communication

On how and why to become member of the PTon a long view approach
To be discussed next week, after Membership All-PT Harvesting has been provided to PT.
7. Inclusiveness Support Team Update
Two threads can be constructed around this principle and issue
1- follow up on the projects that have been submitted and accepted by the Board on diversity and inclusivity. Possibly help the people who will carry on the projects to communicate to the whole sangha
2-Inclusivity in terms of empowering people
To be continued

FYI –
Inclusivity – emphasis on a policy of not excluding
Inclusiveness – a quality of trying to include many different types of people and treat everyone fairly and equitably
Flex Time
– PT Support to Centres ?
– A Time for Empathetic Conversations ?
8. Debrief and Closing
8.A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
8.B. Closing Touch-In
8.C. Dedication of Merit
8.D. Bow

 

 

Due Date Lead Action Item Details
18-10 KM Thank you note for people who have left the PT
KM Advertise Video Call for groups and centers in Nov
KM Post sense of shambhala part 4 when ready
KM Post approved minutes on web page
KM SSF Update and post dates going forward for all pt and open conversation calls
10-15 SSF Send an invitation to the three candidates for Finance and Legal working group for a group interview
10-15 SSF To launch the process of nomination of a new CB member

Coordinating Body Meeting Minutes – Oct 08, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body Minutes  Meeting of 2020.10.08

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :  

Roles  Facilitator : CE Minutes : JB Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : NW Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting and 2020.09.17
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)
3. Status Updates

3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations

3.B. Action Item Status Updates
KM – Comms – Gratitude toward those recently stepping down
KM – Working with PT members who are not in a Working Group
Going one by one and reaching out to see if the person wants to join a meeting.
KM – Draft to be read – next External Communication
Content will relate to recruiting new PT members.
JF – Forgiveness & Acceptance as a theme for a Community Engagement Activity
In discussion
SSF – Brainstorming CB evaluation measures
A document exists that people can add to.
SSF – Adding a Wiki capability to PT website, initially for CEI use
Reorganize a link on the PT web site that will allow people to find folders.
SSF – Finance & Legal Renewal
Will follow up this weekend
SSF – Share with PT harvest from August All-PT :: Membership

SSF – Scheduling Roles for Future Meetings
done
SSF – Membership All-PT Call Feedback
Will follow up this weekend – need to organize and feed back to the PT
4. Touch in on next Open Conversation (2020.10.11)
– Who will host ? Kristine will host, other CB members will be on the Board update call
– Could we start with 5 minutes per WG to share where they are at ? Inclusivity activities moved to CE Task Force
5. Nomination Process for CB Vacancy
Roll out the original TFF process to the PT, communication out by Monday. Open solicitation. Since this is a Governance representative, eligible people should be currently affiliated with Governance.
6. Planning October All-PT Themed Call (2020.10.25)
Working Theme : Relationship between PT & SGS (and Board ?)
Can we invite a member of SGS (and Board ?)
Verify and update or confirm originally planned time of call.
Focus on — results of the Center and Group survey — what is happening in the centers? — invite Melanie Klein and whoever from the Board would be appropriate. This fits with the PT role of connecting the entities through feedback.
7. Discussion re. inviting and training new PT members (i.e. Finance & Legal)
Condense and update the material from the TFF on belonging to the PT. expectations, operating instructions. One-on-one prep. People will be invited for specific tasks/work groups. This will need to be crafted and the right people invited. Include the results on the survey from the 9-26 meeting. How do we talk about PT membership – not a club but an invitation for service, a fluid enterprise with a time frame. And an interactive experience.
PT as a verb, it means we agreed to do this. Re-look at the TFF material from this perspective?
The PT Working Groups should have updated descriptions on the PT web site, so people will know what we are doing. What are the unmet needs going forward? Responsibility – the ability to respond.
Flex Time
– PT Support to Centres ?
– A Time for Empathetic Conversations ?
Could we invite Centers and Groups to an open call where they articulate what they need and where they are? Organize by time zones? Select dates in November. What are you concerned about, where do you need support, help C&G’s connect to each other. PT as “switchboard operator”
8. Debrief and Closing
8.A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
8.B. Closing Touch-In
8.C. Dedication of Merit
8.D. Bow

 

Decisions Made

 

Date Review Date Decision Details
10.08.20 10.15.20 The Board and SGS will be invited to October 25th All-PT meeting to discuss the Center Survey and status of Centers

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
10.08.20 10.15.20 CE Change in the CB structure — no Inclusivity resource group, inactive Centers and Groups
10.08.20 10.12.20 SSF Nomination request out to the PT. Does not need CB approval, but get 24 hour time period for CB comments.
10.08.20 10.15.20 KM For October 25th All-PT meeting

  1. Invite Melanie and Susan Ryan to the Oct 25th All-PT meeting
  2. Save the Date to the PT for this meeting with the theme
10.08.20 10.15.20 CE

KM

SSF

Identify what enterprises will need new WG’s to serve by Process Teaming.  For example, financial structures, Centers & Groups
10.08.20 10.15.20 JF

KM

Plan the open Center zooms for November by time zones – articulate topics.

Coordinating BodyMeeting Minutes – October 01, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes  Meeting of 2020.10.01

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :  

Roles  Facilitator : KM, SSF Minutes : SSF Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : SSF Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

 

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last 2 Meetings
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)
Oct 11 13:00 ET open conversation will be replaced by Board Invitation to an update for leaders, janet will forward the invitation to K for announcement
13:00 Eastern Time – Oct 25th All PT
3. Status Updates

3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations
SSF – Add Agenda for Next Meeting page to PT web site
KM – Security on/of Shambhala Network (was there something to follow up ?)
KM – Regular Agenda Item – Brief from Groups (does this need a follow-up ? PT groups ? external to PT groups ?)
KM – List of Inactive PT Members (web site needs update ?)
KM – List of Active PT Members (web site needs update ?)
KM – PT Membership Status, record of

3.B. Action Item Status Updates
KM – Working with PT members who are not in a Working Group
KM, NW – Shambhala Times Article
The Process Team (Coordinating Body and WGs) launches a Community Engagement Initiative
The article will be posted on the Shambhala Times in the coming weeks. It will be posted in the PT website 3 days before the publication so PT members know they can respond or comment..

KM – Draft to be read – next External Communication
– Next meeting

JF – Forgiveness & Acceptance as a theme for a Community Engagement Activity
There has been a lot of emails on the subject. We could compile some of the questions – a summary of the inputs – that have arisen and see if we can build up a CE conversation.

SSF – Brainstorming CB evaluation measures
Can we summarize our activities on an evaluation doc?
The point of the evaluation is for the PT to evaluate the CB activities and priorities. And stop the feeling of separation between the CB and the PT.
CB Appreciation & Evaluation Planning Document

SSF – Adding a Wiki capability to PT website, initially for CEI use
:
SSF – Finance & Legal Renewal: conversations with 2 possible candidates, on going
KM – Callout for new members for Finance & Legal (responses ?)
KM – Social Meditation within the PT ? – completed
JB – Share with PT harvest from August All-PT :: PT Next Steps
SSF – Share with PT harvest from September All-PT :: Membership

SSF – Scheduling roles for future meetings : to be done for next week

JB – CE Update
Potential Board interest in adopting PT CE Framework
RUoP accepted PT CE to facilitate an upcoming conversation

KM – Centres & Groups Surveys
Openness from SGS to work more closely with PT :
Board as visioning
SGS as actualizing
PT as feedback loop

4. CB Vacancy – Governance Nominee
A formal goodbye – KM
Nomination Process – decision – reuse TT nomination process SSF, JF

5. Debrief on September All-PT Call :: Membership (2020.09.26)
Asynchronous feedback form created, cutoff 2020.10.07.

6. Initial Planning / Brainstorm on October 25 All-PT Call :: ? (2020.10.25) – Membership Proposal ? A topic outside PT : e.g.
– SGS Centre Survey
– Sakyong Teaching
– Community Engagement Plan
– Relationship between PT & SGS (and Board ?) and invite a member of SGS (and Board ?).
Notes :
* Check with Susie re. her availability
* There is a Mahayana call that day from 13:00 to 14:30 ET.
7. Touch in on next Open Conversation (2020.10.11)
– Who will host ? (KM on retreat)
– Could we start with 5 minutes per WG to share where they are at ?
– This next date & time conflicts with a Board Open Call :
– – Can we invite the whole PT to the Board conversation ?
8. Updates from Working Groups
Flex Time
Discussion re. inviting and training new PT members (i.e. Finance & Legal)

9. Debrief and Closing
9.A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
9.B. Closing Touch-In
9.C. Dedication of Merit
9.D. Bow

Decisions Made

 

Date Review Date Decision Details
2020.10.01 Shambhala Times article cleared to be sent for publication next week.

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
2020.10.01 JB Confirm whether all PT members can attend Board Open Call.
2020.10.01 KM Prepare draft of ‘goodbye’ for PT members and evaluate where it is to be posted
2020.10.01 KM Post shambhala times article – for transparency on groups IO for all of the PT.  
2020.10.01 SF Scheduling roles for future meetings : to be done fo

 next week

2020.10.? SF Nomination for open CB seat

 

Coordinating Body Meeting Minutes – Sep 24, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body Minutes Meeting of 2020.09.24

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :  

Roles Facilitator : KM Minutes : Speakers List : [name] Time Keeper : JB Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In
2.B. Review / Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
Request that they include more details (action item). Approval pushed to next meeting.
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.F. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.G. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)
3. Status Updates
3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations
KM/DW – Sending announcement for new members for Legal and Finance.
SSF will follow up on this announcement with Board and applicants.

3.B. Action Item Status Updates
SSF – Brainstorming CB evaluation measures :: Subtopic – where are we at as the CB right now :
Need new nominee for the CB, from Gov M. group
To be added as an item to next week’s agenda

KM – Shambhala Times Article
The Process Team (Coordinating Body and WGs) launches a Community Engagement Initiative
Draft to be read – next External Communication
Nora will edit a final version and be free to submit it without further CB review.

KM – Establishing a list of inactive members.

KM – Reminder to update the proposed and upcoming list of communications doc in Comms Document

JB – CE TF Update
RUoP course is presenting as an opportune venue for further piloting and recruitment.
CE TF discussing this in next meeting.
CE TF continues to prototype the method.

JF – Forgiveness & Acceptance as a Community Engagement Activity
View is that this a subgroup of the CE TF.
There is a lot of communication on the subject at the moment but we need clarity on how we will approach the topic, how to frame it so that it is uplifting, not divisive.
From perspective of a CEI conversation, we need to define clearly who we want to invite to the conversation and who is going to be the listener.
It would be good to frame the dimensions of forgiveness we want to work with to enable a generative conversation. A listening context.

KM – How are Centres feeling, What do Centres need ?
A couple of surveys unintentionally overlapped ; one from SGS, one from KM.
KM, as an individual, put out a survey on Shambhala Network : There were good responses from the ground, however confusion about where the survey was coming led her to withdraw the survey.
Learning : When we speak on public platforms, by default we represent the PT. If not, we need to clearly mention that we are speaking as an individual.

4. Designing & Planning 09/26 All-PT Call
Inviting and onboarding new PT members
Document on new pt members

Questions for the All PT meeting:
What does it mean to be on the PT ?
How to motivate inactive PT members to be more active ?
Do any Working Groups need new members ?
What do we need to take care of when bringing on new members ?

The CB is the “Listener”, receiving the harvesting
Action Context is to feed into a Proposal by the CB to Update PT Membership Responsibilities.

Applications will be sent to the CB. CB will forward to appropriate WG.
5. Updates from Working Groups
Update on Gov mods CE conversation

Flex Time
6. Debrief and Closing
6.A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
6.B. Closing Touch-In
6.C. Dedication of Merit
6.D. Bow

Decisions Made

Date Review Date Decision Details
Sep 24, 2020 6mths? We agreed to record our meetings so that we have them to check for minute taking.  

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
2020.09.24 2020.09.30 KM Announcement of Diane’s departure to the PT
2020.09.24 NW Nora will finish editing the Sha. Times article for beg.of next week
2020.09.24 SS Shel Sampa is now responsible to reconstitute the F&L WG
2020.09.24 JF Connect with other PT members on what a CE on Forgiveness might involve.  What would the Question(s) be ?  How might the Invitation be framed ?
2020.09.24 JB Post on PT groups.io the list of topics that have come up (e.g. Forgiveness) and the harvesting from the pilot PT CE activity.
2020.09.24 NW, KM Identify and work on next steps for the questions of How are Centres Feeling ? ; What do Centres Need ?
2020.09.24 SSF, JB Reminder for 2020.09.26 All-PT will be automatically sent tonight, text to be updated before then :

1- What does it mean to be on the PT from existing PT members ?

2- How to motivate inactive members ?  Discussion is applicable to current members, as well as to ensuring new members get off to a good start.

Also : 

What is the integration process?

We can also mention the issue of  burn out :  Would it help if members had a finite term ?

JB will ask if Fred could be the facilitator.