Coordinating Body Meeting Minutes – 2021.01.26

                                                                                                                                                      Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body Minutes Meeting of 2021.01.26

Attendees :  Catherine Éveillard, Ivan Tröscher, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Roles Facilitator : IT Minutes : JF  Speakers List : Well-Being : Time Keeper : JB Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles –
2.C. Approval of minutes of last meeting
2.D. Approval of today’s Agenda
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting (2/02/21)
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (see status updates below)
Year of the Metal Ox – Feb 12
Cancel Feb 7th all PT conversation
Next meeting talk about all PT on Feb 21

3. Status Updates

3. A. main@shambhala-process-team.Groups.io calendar Upcoming Events announcements (email sent on Jan 2) has received great feedback. Do these go out regularly? By who?

B. Brief discussion on All-PT call last Saturday, January 23
Catherine’s comments about format, writing a report to the PT,
and using this format in Europe to break isolation.
What stood out from this meeting
How this conversation connected land centers and is primary function of PT; KCL about programs with and without SMR; SMC External marketing; limited communication infrastructure in Shambhala

C. Any Follow up on the PT January Communication to the
Community (Jan 15)? People volunteered for PT WGs.
4. PT membership: Adding PT membership / clarification of membership / leaving members
Review proposal to define term of service, commitment, and process to add or remove PT members – review google doc
This was talked about in CB in December but not completed, and was the theme topic for the All-PT call on September 28
Note: CE define main function of PT as communications and bridging communications.
Two other roles associated with PT: Advisers, and task support can be added at the discretion of WG as needed
Need clear primary role for full PT member – has global vision
Revisit priorities of PT – independent of Bd, Potrang, ad hoc representatives of community body. Propose bigger group to work on PT membership and purpose. Will address this again at next meeting.
Body Break
5. Evaluation of the CB – Role Appreciation & Evaluation.
Next steps get PT feedback on questions; put out to the PT and get feedback; begin to review feedback at next CB meeting
6. Community Engagement – update on CE conversations
Conversations begin next week; have 31 facilitators, mentored by Susan Skjei and Phil Cass once a month.
Will pilot GMS conversation next week.
Add CE to Feb Communication to the Community

Discussions on Governance conversations – suggest reaching out to Centers and Groups
Currently working with two realms of conversation about governance: a) SGS and Center leaders, very practical conversations for center survival, defining rights and responsibilities of Sh centers b) Community wide CE conversations on participatory governance (congresses, decision making, etc)
For second realm, bring inactive governance people, and inactive center and groups WG to help with that conversation; note that Centers and Group has no one who is active. KM suggested a few people from GMS expand out to other people.
7. Review backlog items on Trello – add again next week
Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time) and
Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
1/26 SSF/KM Will review calendars – main and CB sections on Groups.io for accuracy of automatic messages
1/26 CE Write report on All-PT call 1/23 for all of PT; few PT members attended. Are these meetings useful?
1/26 SSF Will work on PT membership doc and review in next CB meeting
1/26 JB/KM Add CE to Feb Communication to the Community

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *