Coordinating Body Meeting Minutes – Nov 24, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body
Minutes
Meeting of 2020.11.24

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Ivan Tröscher, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher
Absent :

Roles
Facilitator : CE
Minutes : NW
Speakers List : –
 
Time Keeper : JB
Call Host : JF
Well Being : –

Items

1. Meditation

2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting. Approved.
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting. Approved
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)
– All-PT Themed Call 11-28 at 3 PM Eastern

3. Status Updates

3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations

  • E-Mail to Centers and Groups to ask for Volunteers

3.B. Action Item Status Updates

  • (SSF, JB) – Membership/Serving on the PT All-PT Call Feedback
    Need to review the recording of the September call. Transcript provided. Need to extract meaningful nuggets. No action to date.
  • (JB) – CE TF Update on the Timetable
    Themes for upcoming events: “Belonging to Shambhala” and “How to have Difficult Conversations” are some themes to explore through Shambhala Day.
    Also, other PT WGs want to initiate conversations (GMS, Code of Conduct). Input on conversations to be captured.
    Can we be more concrete with the timetable, or put together a sequence of events? We are developing a page on website listing names of facilitators and participants. Link here. This is one way the PT is reaching out.
    Upcoming conversations will be “practice” for extending CEI beyond PT WGs to the wider community. What format should follow-up take? Conversations to be linear or concurrent? What does the CB intend to do with feedback? Can we map that out?
  • (CE) – European mandala
    CE, IT to meet with each other and other European representatives to identity issues and/or communication opportunities. Include European contacts in Center and Groups mailings as there’s growing interest in communicating.
  • (JF) – Reconciliation Conversations — What is SGS doing?
    Please note differentiation between Code of Conduct (baseline for what is misconduct) and Care and Conduct (a restorative project).

Body Break

4. Prep for 2020.11.27 All PT Meeting – JB to facilitate. Link to agenda

Link to CB Report

Plan to collect from call, a list of everything going on.

5. Designing the process for expanding, inviting, and training new PT members. Tabled.

6. An All-PT cocktail party for Dec.
Tabled.

7. PT Website to move within Shambhala Namespace ?
Tabled.

Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time) and
Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

 

Decisions Made

Date Review Date Decision Details
11.24.2020 agenda for all PT meeting (November 28, 2020)  Record (JB), transcribe and send summary to PT or website.

 

Action Items

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
11.24.20 SSF, NW, IT Membership All-PT Call Feedback   Need to review the recording of the September call.  Transcript provided.  Need to extract meaningful nuggets.  No action to date.
11/24/20 IT, JB, JF Need list of current things going on (with links) that we need to coordinate with. This is intended theme of 11.28 All-PT meeting.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *