Coordinating Body Meeting Minutes – Sep 03, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body Minutes Meeting of 2020.09.03

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Diane Whitcomb, Janet Bronsteinet , Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher Absent :  

RolesFacilitator : JF Minutes : SSF Speakers List : [name] Time Keeper : JB Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.F. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.G. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)
2020.09.12 – PT Conversation Call
2020.09.10 – Role shift : KM & DW to be Facilitators & Converners

3. Status
3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations
– n/a

3.B. Action Item Status Check-Ins / Updates
– (KM) Reminder to participate in Comms Document
– (DW) Update on meeting with JCobb
– (CE) Change proposed in Inclusiveness SG
4.CB CE TF Update and Debrief – All PT Call from Aug 30
Gratitude for how well hosted it was, well structured
Appreciation for the openness of people with usually diverse and opposed opinions.
The feeling that all of us are trying to find an outcome.
Sense that GMS was agreeing that input from the community needs to come first, before pushing views to the community.
Call to connect with Centres
Could we invite Centre leaders to join All-PT calls ?
Forgiveness and acceptance – hard to move forward when still in blame.
Could there be a Working Group or Healing & Learning TF to host community conversations on forgiveness & acceptance ?
CE TF is building bridges with Office of Communication / Tara Templin, how to shift our culture.
Boulder Centre is initiating 2 Peace Circles
Working with non-response to breaches of code of conduct
Lu collective on ?
When we build knowledge (e.g. these Peace Circles) how do we share this knowledge ?
Nancy Kaplon had a way of data mining Shambhala web sites.
Can we emphasize care for members who are feeling disconnected from the mandala or not heard ?
What does it mean to be a nurturing community within which people can come and go ?
5. Request to meet with CB, GMS – from Board’s Planning and Vision – Governance Committee
Request that JF be added as a CB representative

6. Would it help PT communication to renew the Conveners’ Circle ?
In PT Y1, the rise of the Conveners’ Circle led to greater sharing and communication between Working Groups.

Concern about existing bandwidth availability.
Concern about spending more energy that is focussed inward within the PT, rather than outward toward the community.
Could we adopt the ST recommendation that we have half the CB meeting open to the PT ?
Could we do this once per month ?, once every two weeks.
Could we make a list of who the CB would like to invite and schedule one person per such meeting ?

7. Shambhala Times Article
Draft to be read before meeting, please
8. Work together on next External Communication
9. Flex Time – CB role review?

10. Debrief and Closing
8.A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
8.B. Closing Touch-In
8.C. Dedication of Merit
8.D. Bow

Action Items


Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
2020.09.03 DW Draft a Comm to invite community members with Legal & Accounting backgrounds to join the Legal & Finance Workgroup.
2020.09.03 All Networking to identify community members with Legal & Accounting backgrounds
2020.09.03 NW, KM Opening a forum for Centres to share with the PT about what is happening in Centres, and how can the PT help ?

  • Can Centres & Groups pick this up ?
2020.09.03 JF Mapping and pulling together resources around conversations re. forgiveness and acceptance

  • Can Healing & Learning pick this up ?
2020.09.03 2020.09.06 All Give feedback on Shambhala Times article :

Is it too many topics in one article ?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *