Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body Minutes Meeting of 2020.06.25
Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Diane Whitcomb, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher
Roles –Facilitator : NW Minutes : CÉ Speakers List : [name] Time Keeper : KM Well-Being : [name] Call Host : NW / JF
2.A. Opening Touch-In
2.B. Assigning Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.F. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.G. Upcoming Events (related to this WG)
Schedule the Office Hours monthly All-PT Drop-In Calls:
Office Hours to be called All PT general conversation
3. Status Check-Ins
– DW : Draft message to Board re. Regular meeting with CB
– SSF : All-PT call times
– KM/SSF : Identify 2nd Weekly Meeting Time
– KM/SSF : Posting next agenda in advance in groups.io
4. Review 06.28 All-PT structure/flow and roles.
[itemize roles here] Link to Google doc plan:
Roles during the Zoom gathering
Overall Host JB
– Introduce the call – welcome message – DW
– Harvesters – CÉ, NW
– Zoom Host Tech – KM
5. New PT Support Team :
For Community Engagement as Support Team CE-SG to be under the direction of CB
There is a need for
* A repository for PT CE templates & best practices.
* A reference & general ressource to WG initiatives.
* To be able to gather members of the community to participate in & support CE initiatives
Role of the CB:
– Lead coordination of timing of CE initiatives ;
– Coordinate & Communicate on CE initiatives with :
– – Shambhala Board
– – Shambhala Global Services
Ongoing need for CE capacity is at the heart of PT mission and it is linked to the whole community.
This needs to be broken into smaller bits to ensure a common understanding.
* What do we mean by Community Engagement ?
* What skills would be needed based on this definition ?
* How would a CE ST relate to other parts of the PT, e.g. Community Building WG or Inclusivity ST ?
* How would it report to the PT ?
CB itself has the mandate of CE
Last year the PT and Steering Committee were talking about a ‘Shambhala Office of Community Initiatives’ (SOCI) – it seems that a possible vision for this office (in the future) could also be ongoing ‘Community Engagement’, and it could be a repository for any skills we learn and develop along the way.
Concern that discussion of a new CE ST should not undermine current work with the Survey group.
To be rediscussed after the all PT on Sunday.
CB Glue – How do we each prefer to receive feedback ?
– With kindness.
– Give feedback as a separate item from other conversation.
– Talk to me in person.
– Signal if you think it might be a difficult conversation.
– Power of generative dialogue: Listen and trust.
– Trust is important and feedback can help build trust. Repeat back to me what you think I said.
– Own your perception as yours, as opposed to speaking as if you hold “the truth”.
6. Assign Task – Preparing a call-out to the community :
Who & what is the CB
7. Review & rotation of CB admin roles :
8. Planning next CB Evaluation
9.A. Brief Meeting Evaluation
(thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did no like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
9.B. Closing Touch-In
9.B. Dedication of Merit
Calendar for all PT thematic gatherings
Sat July 25, 4PM ET
Sun August 30, 1PM ET
Calendar for general Conversation
Sat July 11, 2PM
Sun August 9, 2PM