Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body
Agenda Meeting of 2020.08.13
Attendees : Diane Whitcomb, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Shel Sampa Fisher Absent : Catherine Éveillard, Nora Wiser
Roles Facilitator : JF Minutes : SSF Time Keeper : JB Call Host : JF
2.A. Opening Touch-In
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.F. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.G. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)
Reminder of All-PT on 2020.08.30
Possibility of Social Meditation event(s) with Nick Krantz in coming weeks.
- (KM) Greg’s Sukhavati
Would it be possible to have an obituary in the Shambhala Times ?
4.A. Completing Action Item Evaluation
- (SSF) Create a gDoc for Board Questions
- (KM) All CB contribute to 2020.07.28 All-PT Comm
4.B. Action Item Status Check-Ins / Updates
- (DW) PT ‘office call last weekend
- (JF, NW) Latest comms with Board
- (SSF) CB Evaluation & Appreciation – Harvest
- (KM) Update PT Membership List
- (KM) Working with under-active PT members
- (KM) Next community announcement
- (JB) Update PT website to host CE Wiki ?
- (JB) Convening the CB CE TF
- (JB) PT Inquiry for All-PT – What does it mean to be on the PT ?
What is the perceived need for this conversation ?
- Achieve a common and shared commitment to serving on the PT.
- Smoothing, increasing sense of connection between PT members.
- Increase lungta and participation in the PT.
- Need for creativity in identifying new actions and letting go of past constructs (e.g. original WG).
Whose actions might be different after this conversation ?
- Greater cohesion in PT activity.
- Participation of inactive PT members
- PT members have greater empowerment to engage
- Awareness of the difficulty we have to speak up and, or listen to each other
- Awareness of different comfort levels with speediness of activity, non native and language issues
- Protocols about how to participate
What would we like the participants of this conversation to come away with ?
- Clarity on who is in the PT, what WG are currently working on
- Clarity on how to participate within the PT
- Clarity on how to join the PT
- Clarity on what is expected of PT members
- Framework for how to create a new Working Group.
- Similar to “What does it mean to be on the PT”, WG would also develop their own “what does it mean to be on the WG”.
- Taking a step along our path toward doing CE with the community.
- Work on External Communication ? Review of how to collaborate in next public communications doc.
- Flex Time (n/a)
- Debrief and Closing
8.A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did no like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
8.B. Closing Touch-In
8.C. Dedication of Merit