Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body
Minutes Meeting of 2020.07.09
Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Diane Whitcomb, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher Absent :
RolesFacilitator : NW Minutes : SSF Speakers List : [name] Time Keeper : JB Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF
2.A. Opening Touch-In
2.B. Assigning Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.F. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.G. Upcoming Events (related to this WG)
2. Status Check-Ins
– SSF : Planning dates & times for All-PT calls – Zoom info
– SSF : Second CB Meeting Time – Tuesdays @ 16:00-18:00 ET
– KM : Posting Agenda to PT website, groups.io
– KM/SSF : Zoom Accounts
3. Planning and Preparation for Open Conversation Call on 2020.07.11 @ 16:00 ET
– General Structure of the Open Conversation Meetings ?
– Strategy / Predetermine Tigger(s) for launching Break-Out Groups ?
– How will we manage harvesting of input ?
Shall we open with reminders of right speech, mindful speech ?
Strategies for how to work with heightened energy :
– If there are enough people, breakout rooms could be helpful to dive in, give more people opportunities to share.
– Come prepared to hold container.
– Social Meditation Guidelines : let go of agenda and allow whatever arises to come out.
Harvesting strategies :
– Zoom chat box
– Take notes
4. CB CE TF Update
– General Context Draft / CE Initiative Proposal for PT
– Convening a CB CE TF
– Preparing and rolling out basic material for consideration
Data G&M appreciated being encouraged to develop the initial CE proposal document based on their existing efforts.
How much material do we need to prepare ?
– What would a PT member who has not been a part of this process need to be ready for the All-PT ?
– Should we Invite PT to participate in a planning call : e.g. Review (Preview) and Feedback on CE Initiative Proposal ?
– Can we break the initial CE proposal into smaller bits to share incrementally ? e.g.
Authors of the initial Proposal :
Susie Vincent, John Smith, Mary Fahrenfort, Sherab Manoukian, Kristine McCutcheon, Janet Bronstein.
How do we determine who carries the CE initiative forward beyond 2020.07.25 ?
– Identify what expertise would be needed.
– Identify what diversity and representation would be needed.
– Determine selection (process) for members based on these criteria.
– Identify what kind of budget would be necessary.
See Action Items, below.
6. Assign Task – Preparing a call-out to the community :
* Who & what is the CB and the PT
* Preparing ground for CE initiatives from PT
7. Review & rotation of CB internal admin roles :
Short version is : To herd CB members into the next meeting and ensure all supporting documents and information is circulated in advance.
8. Planning next CB Evaluation
* Initial Discussion
9.A. Brief Meeting Evaluation
(thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did no like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
9.B. Closing Touch-In
9.C. Dedication of Merit