Coordinating Body Meeting Notes – October 15, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes  Meeting of 2020.10.15

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Shel Sampa Fisher        Absent :  Nora Wiser

Roles  Facilitator : JB Minutes : CE   Speakers List : [name]   Time Keeper : KM Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (All PT 10-25)
Kristine in retreat, Nora and Catherine not available
Let’s do it at 15.00 ET for Susie
3. Status Updates

3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations

3.B. Action Item Status Updates
All – Updating Times for All-PT Calls (Open & Themed) to be more accessible for New Zealand, Europe.
KM – Comms – Gratitude toward those recently stepping down
KM – Working with PT members who are not in a Working Group
Report on Open conversation meeting on 10-11
Report on the Board Webinar on 10-11
JF, KM – Open Video Call for group and centers planned in November ( two times for West coast and East coast)

SSF – Brainstorming CB Evaluation Measures
Please read
SSF – Finance & Legal Renewal
To be decided very soon: 3 candidates are lined up
SSF – Nomination Process for CB Vacancy
Starting today
SSF – Membership All-PT Call Feedback
To be followed
4. Healing and Reconciliation: a CEI project – A Proposal
Reference : Talk by William Ury – The Third Side
First: assemble a task-force to brainstorm what questions would be relevant ( with PT and non PT members)
Need to be clear about the role / responsibility of the Listening Group /
Time frame: run a first session mid november

6. Planning October All-PT Themed Call (2020.10.25)
Working Theme : Results of the SGS Centre & Groups Survey

Backup Plan : Relationship between PT & SGS & Board
Or : Serving on the PT and new people

5. Next Communication

On how and why to become member of the PTon a long view approach
To be discussed next week, after Membership All-PT Harvesting has been provided to PT.
7. Inclusiveness Support Team Update
Two threads can be constructed around this principle and issue
1- follow up on the projects that have been submitted and accepted by the Board on diversity and inclusivity. Possibly help the people who will carry on the projects to communicate to the whole sangha
2-Inclusivity in terms of empowering people
To be continued

FYI –
Inclusivity – emphasis on a policy of not excluding
Inclusiveness – a quality of trying to include many different types of people and treat everyone fairly and equitably
Flex Time
– PT Support to Centres ?
– A Time for Empathetic Conversations ?
8. Debrief and Closing
8.A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
8.B. Closing Touch-In
8.C. Dedication of Merit
8.D. Bow

 

 

Due Date Lead Action Item Details
18-10 KM Thank you note for people who have left the PT
KM Advertise Video Call for groups and centers in Nov
KM Post sense of shambhala part 4 when ready
KM Post approved minutes on web page
KM SSF Update and post dates going forward for all pt and open conversation calls
10-15 SSF Send an invitation to the three candidates for Finance and Legal working group for a group interview
10-15 SSF To launch the process of nomination of a new CB member

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.