Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body
Minutes Meeting of 2020.09.10
Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Diane Whitcomb, Janet Bronsteinet , Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher
Absent : Roles Facilitator : KM Minutes : SSF Speakers List : [name]
Time Keeper : JB Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF
2.A. Opening Touch-In
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.F. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.G. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB) Sep 12 PT ‘office’
3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations
3.B. Action Item Status Check-Ins / Updates
– (KM) Reminder to participate in Comms Document
– (DW) Finance and Legal call out to the Community – recruitment on-going, announcement to be posted.
– (JB) CE TF Update – continuing to refine, timeline moves to meeting with Care and Conduct.
– (SS) Mtg w/Vision & Planning- scheduled for Sept 17, not clear if it is 60 or 90 minutes.
3.C. Updates from Working Groups
C&C Info from Tara on PT status – note that under the current policy, PT members are considered leadership and subject to grievances.
4. Forgiveness as Community Engagement — multi-faceted notion of “forgiveness” – acceptance, Don’t need answers, just the meta-questions. For example responsibility/blame and what ties together as a community, How to host. What is a dharmic-based approach – 4 powers
JF will gather a group of people to prepare possible conversations around the process of Forgiveness.
5. Discussing, designing, and planning inviting and onboarding new PT Members process – How to use the Sept 26 PT meeting – repeat an open call for people with all skills. Invite people in to current situation, here are the guidelines.? Or recruit for specific action items? Invitation, bringing in, meaningful output. Set the expectation that being part of the whole is an expectation, as is participating vs just observing. What is the linkage between PT members and “their communities”
6. Shambhala Times Article
The Process Team (Coordinating Body and WGs) launches a Community Engagement Initiative
Draft to be read End it with an energetic vague statement about opportunities going forward.
7. Work together on next External Communication
8. Flex Time – CB role review?
On-going multiple conversations about changing the Shambhala Network participation rules – Questions around security are explored by the cybersecurity kasung group. this seems to be taking place in multiple venues, can they be linked?
9. Debrief and Closing
8.A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
8.B. Closing Touch-In
8.C. Dedication of Merit