Coordinating Body Meeting Minutes – Oct 08, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body Minutes  Meeting of 2020.10.08

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :  

Roles  Facilitator : CE Minutes : JB Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : NW Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting and 2020.09.17
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)
3. Status Updates

3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations

3.B. Action Item Status Updates
KM – Comms – Gratitude toward those recently stepping down
KM – Working with PT members who are not in a Working Group
Going one by one and reaching out to see if the person wants to join a meeting.
KM – Draft to be read – next External Communication
Content will relate to recruiting new PT members.
JF – Forgiveness & Acceptance as a theme for a Community Engagement Activity
In discussion
SSF – Brainstorming CB evaluation measures
A document exists that people can add to.
SSF – Adding a Wiki capability to PT website, initially for CEI use
Reorganize a link on the PT web site that will allow people to find folders.
SSF – Finance & Legal Renewal
Will follow up this weekend
SSF – Share with PT harvest from August All-PT :: Membership

SSF – Scheduling Roles for Future Meetings
done
SSF – Membership All-PT Call Feedback
Will follow up this weekend – need to organize and feed back to the PT
4. Touch in on next Open Conversation (2020.10.11)
– Who will host ? Kristine will host, other CB members will be on the Board update call
– Could we start with 5 minutes per WG to share where they are at ? Inclusivity activities moved to CE Task Force
5. Nomination Process for CB Vacancy
Roll out the original TFF process to the PT, communication out by Monday. Open solicitation. Since this is a Governance representative, eligible people should be currently affiliated with Governance.
6. Planning October All-PT Themed Call (2020.10.25)
Working Theme : Relationship between PT & SGS (and Board ?)
Can we invite a member of SGS (and Board ?)
Verify and update or confirm originally planned time of call.
Focus on — results of the Center and Group survey — what is happening in the centers? — invite Melanie Klein and whoever from the Board would be appropriate. This fits with the PT role of connecting the entities through feedback.
7. Discussion re. inviting and training new PT members (i.e. Finance & Legal)
Condense and update the material from the TFF on belonging to the PT. expectations, operating instructions. One-on-one prep. People will be invited for specific tasks/work groups. This will need to be crafted and the right people invited. Include the results on the survey from the 9-26 meeting. How do we talk about PT membership – not a club but an invitation for service, a fluid enterprise with a time frame. And an interactive experience.
PT as a verb, it means we agreed to do this. Re-look at the TFF material from this perspective?
The PT Working Groups should have updated descriptions on the PT web site, so people will know what we are doing. What are the unmet needs going forward? Responsibility – the ability to respond.
Flex Time
– PT Support to Centres ?
– A Time for Empathetic Conversations ?
Could we invite Centers and Groups to an open call where they articulate what they need and where they are? Organize by time zones? Select dates in November. What are you concerned about, where do you need support, help C&G’s connect to each other. PT as “switchboard operator”
8. Debrief and Closing
8.A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
8.B. Closing Touch-In
8.C. Dedication of Merit
8.D. Bow

 

Decisions Made

 

Date Review Date Decision Details
10.08.20 10.15.20 The Board and SGS will be invited to October 25th All-PT meeting to discuss the Center Survey and status of Centers

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
10.08.20 10.15.20 CE Change in the CB structure — no Inclusivity resource group, inactive Centers and Groups
10.08.20 10.12.20 SSF Nomination request out to the PT. Does not need CB approval, but get 24 hour time period for CB comments.
10.08.20 10.15.20 KM For October 25th All-PT meeting

  1. Invite Melanie and Susan Ryan to the Oct 25th All-PT meeting
  2. Save the Date to the PT for this meeting with the theme
10.08.20 10.15.20 CE

KM

SSF

Identify what enterprises will need new WG’s to serve by Process Teaming.  For example, financial structures, Centers & Groups
10.08.20 10.15.20 JF

KM

Plan the open Center zooms for November by time zones – articulate topics.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.