Coordinating Body  Minutes  Meeting of 2021.01.12

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes  Meeting of 2021.01.12

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Ivan Tröscher, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :

Roles  Facilitator : NW  Minutes : JF Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : JB Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles –
2.C. Approval of minutes of last meeting
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting (1/19/21)
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (see status updates below)

3. Status Updates

3.A. PT January Communication to the Community (1.15)
PT sent notice to review ahead of time?.
Other updates on status of this communication

3.B. January 23, 1pm ET All-PT Call
Theme planned to be Center and Groups TF
Notify WGs to provide their updated reports.
CB host for this all-PT call?
Remind all WG to send someone to give their report

3.C. CB-PT zoom room status
Host key for this room will be given to CB

3. D. Trello update; is it being updated? By who?
[If ex, still lists All-PT cocktail party in backlog]
4. Updates from CB members on their areas (short summaries)

Code of Conduct – moving forward to be effective on Shambhala Day.
PTP group – met, uncertainty
GMS – met, trying to dialogue with community on participatory leadership; define local centers and leadership within context of Shambhala hierarchy

Body Break

Community Engagement TF
Pilot conversations – last one tomorrow;
Working on page on Shambhala Online to register for future conversations; purpose is to understand how people are feeling; if we’re a community, how can everyone feel part of it. Can we openly talk about ‘the problem’ from different points of view?
E. Serving on PT: Consolidation of Documents, including discussion on incorporating new members and exit protocols.
Designing the process for expanding, inviting, and training new people serving on the PT
F. Communications / IT
February 17 communication: reserved for CEI

G. Inclusiveness – grants for six projects were announced
[Can we list these six projects?]
5. Discussion:
All-PT Call on Jan 23,
CB host for this all-PT call

Notify WGs to provide their updated reports.
Extended meeting by 10 minutes ending at 13:10 ET
Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time) and
Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

Decisions Made

 

Date Review Date Decision Details
1/12/2021 All-PT call will be a Communication Exchange, sharing information from PT working groups, Sh Europe, SGS, and Land Centers 

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
1/12/2021 KM January 23 All-PT call – KM will draft announcements and invite Joanna Francis and Melanie Klein and Land Center directors (or representatives)

PT meeting is a community exchange: PT WG and TF updates (brief), Land Center updates, (SGS update and Sh Europe update?) and open conversation

1/12/2021 All Notify WGs to provide their updated reports.

Remind all WG to send someone to give their report

1/12/2021 KM Need to invite Joanna Francis (Sh Europe), Melanie Klein (SGS) and Shambhala Land Center Directors, as well as PT members.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *