Coordinating Body Minutes Meeting of 2021.02.09

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes  Meeting of 2021.02.09

Attendees :  Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :  Ivan Tröscher

Roles  Facilitator : JF  Minutes : KM  Speakers List : Well-Being :  Time Keeper : JB Call Host : JF

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles –
2.C. Approval of minutes of last meeting
2.D. Approval of today’s Agenda
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting (2/09/21)
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (see status updates below)
All PT-call February 21, 2pm Eastern Time
3. Status Updates

3. A. main@shambhala-process-team.Groups.io calendar
Review for accuracy. Frequency of Upcoming Events calendar?

B. Brief discussion on All-PT call Saturday, January 23
Written report of All-PT call?

C. Any Follow up on the PT February Communication
Adding announcement about CE conversations

D. Report on Gov meeting this past week
Some feedback from the Community Engagement via GMS
GMS would like it to continue
Our current focus is on more ‘meta governance’ rather than local governance.
Agreement that the first conversation be an open field

Signoff from GMS for communications via CEI – dia, ivan, ss

E. Report on PTP meeting this past week
Working to frame some questions for the upcoming CE discussions.
Following up on KCL’s programming – the new residents are asking for programming that has both SMR and non SMR content.

Resistance to ‘uplifting’ or changing the curriculum in any way –
Not able to get a meeting together to

Proposal to have PTP set up a group of ‘teachers’ to work on curriculum uplifting.
Nora says she will bring this to PTP and call out for sangha involvement.
4. Evaluation of the CB – Role Appreciation & Evaluation.
Next steps get PT feedback on questions

SV feedback – discussion

Need to add a summary of what we have done (before it can be evaluated.

What kind of communication can work for you?

We (CB) need to re-read and add to the middle of this document.

Body Break
5a. PT membership: Adding PT membership / clarification of membership / leaving members
Review proposal to define term of service, commitment, and process to add or remove PT members
Draft – PT Service Topics

Discussion – reframing the document around making it one thing – clarifying the role of PT service and then adding an amendment for Aides or supports – later.

SS will rewrite and ensure nothing is lost and make a new clean proposal for all to comment on.
5b. Europe: Could we create a Support Team to encourage Europeans to enter the PT and WG (most of the original members have left or are inactive) and this Support group could also be a space to discuss the European issues.

Discussion – it is obvious that we are low in certain regions in the PT. the initial participation from Europe has mostly dissolved. Now rather than finding those who have left – encouraging new participation that could be a hybrid, supporting PT and also meeting regionally?

Maybe this could be inclusion led WG or task force?

6. Finance and Legal Group update and support
Invite Barbara W and Lynele J for 30 min of next CB meeting?
Ivan is reference point – connect to finance and volunteers
Clarify board contact – we think it is Peter and Phill
Invite to a CB meeting – (both board and F&L
And set up meeting for FL in addition to that.
GMS task – review viability of models
Clarify who is board contact currently (Jon B is away)
7. All-PT themed call on Sunday, Feb 21, 2pm EST
Theme?

Should we continue? We have done this for 6 months and we are getting low participation?
We put a lot of effort into making the content helpful and nourishing.
The point is that the PT has been able to get input. Is this the best way to do it?
Something in there seems to move things forward – helpful
Societal self awareness function –

General consensus – to continue – even if just the working group updates – it has added value.

Update – the CCSG is dissolving – it’s time is up. So maybe some of those people will be able to re-circulate in the PT

Functional/effective communication channels – in general and in shambhala – how is that changing –
Communications from the board, it group, pt, kasung interest group, influencers, regional

KM moving this forward for an open conversation –

8. Review backlog items on Trello
And please ADD items to trello as you think of them.

Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time) and
Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

Decisions Made

 

Date Review Date Decision Details

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
JB Post CEI Update Communication to all on PT
NW Proposal to have PTP set up a group of ‘teachers’ to work on curriculum uplifting.  

Nora says she will bring this to PTP and a call-out for sangha teacher/PE involvement.  

All  We (CB) need to re-read and add to the middle of the CB RA&E document. 
KM Communication of notes of last All-PT call with Land Centres. 
SS Will rewrite PT Service Topics document and ensure nothing is lost and make a new clean proposal for all to comment on.  
KM Move forward to next month the All-PT Open Conversation invite

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.