Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Ivan Tröscher, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher
Absent : Kristine McCutcheon
Facilitator : JF Minutes : SSF Speakers List:
Well-Being : Time Keeper : SSF Call Host : JF
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles –
2.C. Approval of minutes of last meeting
2.D. Approval of today’s Agenda
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting (2021.03.09)
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (see status updates below)
– All PT-call February 21, 2pm Eastern Time
3. Status Updates
3. A. Finance and Legal Group update and support
– Invite BW and LJ for 30 min of next CB meeting?
– F&L would like a follow up call to clarify
3.B. Evaluation of the CB – Role Appreciation & Evaluation
– Next steps get PT feedback on questions
– Next step : Formal CB approval needed of form to be shared with PT
3.C. Assessment Process of Shambhala by Shambhala Board and Potrang
– Details are still being sorted out; process should start in a week or two
D. Next step for CoC CE Conversation – call Fred Meyer
– Discussed at last HLP meeting, still to do.
4. Serving on the PT
4.A PT Feedback from PT Service document
Adding clarification for Joining the PT / Serving on the PT / Leaving the PT.
Review proposal to define term of service, commitment, and process to add or remove PT members
Draft document – PT Service Topics
Our conversations create our community, let us have conversations that create the community we want.
Next step : share with PT the next step of this process
CB summary of what people have shared, and CB thoughts on the issues.
Need to return to a Proposal Forming stage
Clarify context for the proposal
CB will be renewing roles by MidSummer’s Day (ideally on a rolling 3-year basis)
There are people ready to join the PT, and we will be wanting to invite more : we need to be able to be clear with them about what they are signing up for, commitment.
Clarify proposal making process (SSF), and next steps.
What has the PT done ?
– Wrote the Code of Conduct
– Community engagement framework
– Ton of survey and data management support
– Work on governance history, models and issues
How do we ensure needed structure of PT as a whole, while supporting autonomy of WG & ST ?
Process Team is independent of Board & Potrang and their assessment is independent of PT activity.
Purpose of PT goes beyond a leadership crisis, carries forward.
Questions to expand on and remind where we are at :
– What autonomy do WG need ?
– What is the role of the CB ?
Ask WG :
– How do you presently deal with bringing people in, being active, and stepping down ?
– Ask people serving on the PT :
– Why are you involved in the PT ?
– If you feel the PT has no purpose, what keeps you on the PT ?
– What kind of accountability are you prepared to accept ?
– What is the role of the PT in Shambhala ?
– How can we have more involvement in the PT ?
– Is the structure that we need for Year 3 different than the one we have now ?
– Could we do a PT-Community brainstorm on (new) areas that need attention ?
Could we create a Support Team to encourage Europeans to enter the PT and WG (most of the original members have left or are inactive) and this Support group could also be a space to discuss the European issues.
5. PT and new CB members (by May)
2021 CB Nomination Process – Google Docs
Agreement that this activity will depend on outcome of Serving on PT discussion currently underway :: To be revisited.
6. CE topics and update
7. Review backlog items on Trello
Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time) and Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
|Date||Review Date||Decision Details|
|2021-03-02||2021-03-30||Reschedule CB RAE for after Serving on PT process is resolved.|
|Date||Due Date||Lead||Action Item Details|
|2021-03-02||2021-03-09||All CB, SSF||CB RAE Form : Review and clear for sharing with PT|
|2021-03-02||Final review rand publish CB minutes to PT web site|
|2021-03-02||Create CB document for brainstorming questions to people serving on PT (as a product of PT feedback on proposal for Serving on PT)|
|2021-03-02||Draft a summary of the Proposal Forming Process & Decision Making Process CB has adopted|
|2021-03-02||Follow-up call with F&L re. coming to a next CB meeting|