Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Ivan Tröscher, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher
Guests : Shambhala Board Members Susan Ryan, Peter Nowak
Facilitator : SSF Minutes : SSF Time Keeper : JF
Speakers List : Well-Being : Call Host : JF
2.A. Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of minutes of last meeting
2.D. Approval of today’s Agenda
2.E. Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting (2021.03.16)
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events
– All PT-call March 27, 15:00 Eastern Time
3. Status Updates
3.A. Working Theme of March 27 All-PT Call
– Serving on PT
3.B. Finance and Legal Group update and support
– Invite BW and LJ for 30 min of next CB meeting?
3.C. IT&Comms ST, PM&Admin ST new members
3.D. Adding CB Minutes to PT Web Site
3.E. Next step for CoC CE Conversation – call Fred Meyer
3.F. 2021 CB Nomination Process
– On hold while we work with Assessment process and Serving on PT topic.
3.G. CE TF Update
– GMS 1 round of conversations scheduled through to 2021.03.26
– Notes from conversations will all be posted to CE web page / site as they become available
– Leadership series will continue beyond current round, though form it will take to be explored.
4. Serving on the PT – PT Feedback and Returning to the Proposal Forming Process
Discussion – What is the CB Ground re. this issue
5. Assessment Process of Shambhala by Shambhala Board and Potrang
- The Sakyong has expressed a desire to help things get unstuck.
- In the Assessment Process, there is 1 volunteer Facilitator to work with the 2 Boards and the 6 pairs Assessors throughout the process.
- PT should advise Shambhala Board of anything a WG or PT feels is essential that be taken into account, and provide a contact person for each of the 6 areas of concern. This information and contact person will be passed on to the Facilitator, with the request to pass it on to respective Assessors of both Boards.
- Request that PT provide the Shambhala Board with a summary document by 2021.03.14.
- Shambhala Board’s criteria for selection of its Assessors included :
- Specific expertise
- Consistent expression of neutrality in their views
- Each Assessor may, or may not, produce findings that agree with the other
- Some Assessors have requested anonymity, so names of Assessors will not be shared. One of the concerns is (not) being flooded with lobbying.
- Shambhala Board is hands off : its Assessors are independent and free of having to report to the Shambhala Board
- PT may also get in touch with the Potrang Board separately
- Board hopes to be able to share greater detail in April ; proceeding carefully with intention to keep all parties on-board. Current emphasis is on building trust and open communication between Potrang & Shambhala Boards.
- CE TF would be open to host a series tailored to Assessors’ needs.
- WG invited to share a list of :
- Things that are relevant to one of the topics (“baskets”) being covered by the Assessors.
- Things that a WG thinks is essential and useful for the advisors of any particular topic (“baskets”) to be informed of (pretend they have no knowledge of anything the PT has worked on).
- Things that a WG has presently available.
6. Review backlog items on Trello
Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time), and Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
|Date||Due Date||Lead||Action Item Details|
|2021.03.09||2021.03.09||KM||Time Sensitive – Issue invitation to PT to contribute to PT List of References to share with Assessors.|
|2021.03.09||2021.03.10||KM||Publish CB Minutes up to 2021.03.02 to PT website|