Coordinating Body Minutes Meeting of 2021.03.16

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body Minutes Meeting of 2021.03.16

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Ivan Tröscher, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher
Absent :

Roles  Facilitator : SSF  Minutes : KM Speakers List: Well-Being :  Time Keeper : JB Call Host : JF

 

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening

2.A.  Opening Touch-In (brief transition: “what is alive in me now”)

2.B.  Review/ Assign Meeting Roles – 

2.C.  Approval of minutes of last meeting

2.D.  Approval of today’s Agenda

2.E   Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.

2.F.  Confirm Date of Next Meeting (3/02/21)

2.G.  Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting

2.H.  Upcoming Events (see status updates below)

         All PT-call March 27, 15:00 Eastern Time

3. Status Updates

  1. Finance and Legal Group update and support
    Invite BW and LJ for 30 min of next CB meeting?

    1. BW is preparing something that could support assessors and would like to consult with John Cobb
  1. IT&Comms ST, PM&Admin ST new members
    1. That will happen this weekend
  1. Next step for CoC CE Conversation
    1. JF will connect with FM
  1. CE TF Update
    1. The leadership conversations are done and more is happening.  Some speeding up of harvesting process. 
4. Following up on providing information to the Assessors

        Adding to a next communication

             How to better express an invitational approach

             Adding additional resources

        We do actually have a process for agreeing to the communications before they go out.  The CB did not follow that process.  

        We could put out a communication – starting by making a mistakes. 

        Respond – as normal and healthy as possible

Model a mistake-acknowledgement-no-fault approach to social interaction, not being dismissive of people who trigger us.

Some of the assessors are making themselves known to some of the contacts that we have made available.  So our communications have gone through to some level.  

How to improve interaction within the CB – not just make resolutions to do better?

Wanting greater interaction with each of the people on the PT

How to better express an invitational approach

How to remember to follow our internal review process before issuing statements to the PT

Model a mistake-acknowledgement-no-fault approach to social interaction, not being dismissive of people who trigger us.

How to improve interaction within the CB – not just make resolutions to do better?

How to improve our interaction with the PT –

Importance of including context information at the start of a communication.

Suggestion – that we use this as basis of the next March All-PT conversation – 

Suggestion – that we write it – here is a doc to do that

   

Agreed to 24 hour turnaround – .  IT to write

Body Break
5.  Serving on the PT – PT Feedback and Returning to the Proposal Forming Process

      0.   Continue Discussion – What is the CB Ground re. this issue

  1. Review of the CB Proposal Forming Process for Difficult Conversations, applied to this topic.

 We discussed – a varieties of ways of softening this so it is less silo or boxy.  

Of note the existing agreements – are just part of the introduction – so that we can get to a structured conversation. 

SS Clarifying: 

      Does the all PT need to approve any structure around entering and leaving –   YES

      YES – the all PT will be involved in shaping any final proposal.  

      

The doc Basic Outline is a Proposal Forming Process, that starts with the CB mandate to look after the PT

Ivan Proposes to ask only a few questions – something very simple – How people join, serve, step down? 

But not a 7 pages document; which is in itself already a proposal

    Maybe we can use those existing – parameters.  

SS: I am opened to try around

 

Could this be a topic for the next all-PT meeting?  What are we trying to do for the PT? What would we do with the input we receive?  Could the invitation be based on the minutes of the September meeting where this was already discussed?

Shel Sampa believes that it is already clear that the CB has a mandate to review this topic and to start a PT process for discussion, to herd the process forward and to reach a conclusion about this, open and transparent. Don’t be afraid of pushback.  

Catherine believes that the way the Proposal Forming Process is presented  still appears to be imposing a certain relationship between us and the PT. We want to know where we are going as a CB  – but  we need to be skillful to present it to the PT.

Ivan asks – how would this be enforced?  But Shel Sampa thinks we could, and need to have baseline agreements.

Jim: It would be good for us to have a extra meeting to continue this discussion and also assess for ourselves what we have done for the PT, in a different language. What is the PT? the PT is an experiment.

Set a time Friday 3/19 11 AM Eastern, what would be effective ways for the CB to work and interact with the PT, what is the ground?  Structure as a conversation. How could the PT survive?  What hasn’t been working.   

  1. Review of the Existing Conditions for Participation on the PT.
  2. Document the Needs of the CB re. Serving on PT.
Debrief and Closing

A.  Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time), and 

      Closing Touch-In

B.  Dedication of Merit

C.  Bow

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
03/16/22 IT Follow up communication to the PT groups IO – here is a doc to do that

   

Agreed to 24 hour turnaround – .