Coordinating Body Minutes Meeting of 2021.05.04

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body
Minutes
Meeting of 2021.05.04

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Ivan Tröscher, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher
Absent :

Roles
Facilitator : JB Minutes : SSF Time Keeper : CE
Well-Being : NW Speakers List : Call Host : JF

 

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Check-In
2.B. Review / Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
2.D. Approval of Today’s Agenda
2.E Make copies of this document for taking Minutes, and to document the Approved Agenda, if needed.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting (2021.05.11)
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events
All-PT Call, [Date may change due to Memorial Day in US] Saturday 2021.05.29 @ 13:00 ET (90 minutes)

3. Status Updates

3.A. Conversation with Individual People on the PT – Making PT exchanges more public
– Ongoing

3.B. Welcome & Farewell Messages
Messages went out as planned.

3.C. Community Update
Hearing about recent Rinpoche endorsements of Torii group.
CE conversations are proving healthy for community conversations and sharing. Governance Going Deeper series has a lot of background documentation, participants have expressed difficulty doing the reading due to the volume of it.
Sunday Shambhala conversations are going well, too.
Seeing a need for some general documentation on the current structure and links between elements of Shambhala

4. 2021 CB Renewal Process
Volunteers for 2021 CB Renewal TF ?
Nominations ?
Encourage people to observe other WG meetings to meet each other and have better ideas of who they can nominate.
Encourage WG to add discussing the CB and nominations to their May meetings.
* Action Item (JB, NW, IT, JF) – Message to PT re. Add CB Nominations discussion to the May All-PT meeting ; and encourage people to attend as observers other WG meetings.
* Action Item (SSF, IT) – Generate & share a list of names for each seat.
Review of Vacant Role Descriptions
(did not discuss, bring up at next meeting)
Open 1 seat to a person external to PT ?

Body Break
5. Next Steps on Serving on the PT Policy
Annual Renewal on Shambhala Day
Oath or agreement
Acknowledging Inactivity of people serving on PT
How to Join the PT
Adhere to the Code of Conduct

6. Next Community Message
Inviting people to PT :: We want to have a clear Serving on the PT Policy before inviting people generally.
WG Updates
An editorial-style sharing re. Participative Governance within the PT ?
Concern that we do not have enough substance to merit a Community Message, just yet.

7. Next All-PT Call – Theme & Ideas
Working Theme – Feedback and questions re CB Nomination & Selection process.
Concern that the May 29 call falls on Memorial Day weekend in the USA, and thus will limit participation.
Proposal that we move date to May 22 to tie in with CB Nomination & Selection process.
*Agreed to Request to Boards: As partners to the Assessors and the Assessment Process, could someone from both Boards give the PT update on the status of Assessments ? (either May 22 or May 29- date of All-PT meeting not yet decided).

7. Review backlog items on Trello

Debrief and Closing
A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time), and Closing Touch-In
B. Dedication of Merit
C. Bow

Decisions Made

 

Date Review Date Decision Details
2021.05.04 2021.05.11 *Send a request to both Boards :
As partners to the Assessors and the Assessment Process, could someone from each Board give the PT update on the status of Assessments ? (either May 22 or May 29).

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
2021.05.04 2021.05.06 KM Send request to each Board :

As partners to the Assessors and the Assessment Process, could someone from each Board give the PT update on the status of Assessments ? (either May 22 or May 29).

2021.05.04 2021.05.11 NW, IT, SSF, JB, JF Personally speak to each WG & ST (PTP, GMS, F&L, CEI, DG&DM/Surveys, people of HLP) to request they add discussion and ideas for CB Nominations to their May meetings ; and to encourage people to attend as observers of other WG meetings, to get to know each other better and reduce silo-ing.
2021.05.04 2021.05.06 IT, SSF Generate & share a list of names for each seat.
2021.05.04 2021.05.11 SSF Add to next Agenda :: CB Nominations – Review of Vacant Role Descriptions

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.