Coordinating BodyMeeting Minutes – October 01, 2020

Shambhala Process Team – Coordinating Body  Minutes  Meeting of 2020.10.01

Attendees : Catherine Éveillard, Janet Bronstein, Jim Fladmark, Kristine McCutcheon, Nora Wiser, Shel Sampa Fisher  Absent :  

Roles  Facilitator : KM, SSF Minutes : SSF Speakers List : [name]  Time Keeper : SSF Well-Being : [name] Call Host : JF

 

Item
1. Meditation
2. Opening
2.A. Opening Touch-In
2.B. Review/ Assign Meeting Roles
2.C. Approval of Minutes of Last 2 Meetings
2.D. Approval of Agenda of Current Meeting
2.E Make copies of this document for approved Agenda, and for taking Minutes.
2.F. Confirm Date of Next Meeting
2.G. Confirm Call Connection Info for Next Meeting
2.H. Upcoming Events (dates related to PT or CB)
Oct 11 13:00 ET open conversation will be replaced by Board Invitation to an update for leaders, janet will forward the invitation to K for announcement
13:00 Eastern Time – Oct 25th All PT
3. Status Updates

3.A. Completed Action Item Evaluations
SSF – Add Agenda for Next Meeting page to PT web site
KM – Security on/of Shambhala Network (was there something to follow up ?)
KM – Regular Agenda Item – Brief from Groups (does this need a follow-up ? PT groups ? external to PT groups ?)
KM – List of Inactive PT Members (web site needs update ?)
KM – List of Active PT Members (web site needs update ?)
KM – PT Membership Status, record of

3.B. Action Item Status Updates
KM – Working with PT members who are not in a Working Group
KM, NW – Shambhala Times Article
The Process Team (Coordinating Body and WGs) launches a Community Engagement Initiative
The article will be posted on the Shambhala Times in the coming weeks. It will be posted in the PT website 3 days before the publication so PT members know they can respond or comment..

KM – Draft to be read – next External Communication
– Next meeting

JF – Forgiveness & Acceptance as a theme for a Community Engagement Activity
There has been a lot of emails on the subject. We could compile some of the questions – a summary of the inputs – that have arisen and see if we can build up a CE conversation.

SSF – Brainstorming CB evaluation measures
Can we summarize our activities on an evaluation doc?
The point of the evaluation is for the PT to evaluate the CB activities and priorities. And stop the feeling of separation between the CB and the PT.
CB Appreciation & Evaluation Planning Document

SSF – Adding a Wiki capability to PT website, initially for CEI use
:
SSF – Finance & Legal Renewal: conversations with 2 possible candidates, on going
KM – Callout for new members for Finance & Legal (responses ?)
KM – Social Meditation within the PT ? – completed
JB – Share with PT harvest from August All-PT :: PT Next Steps
SSF – Share with PT harvest from September All-PT :: Membership

SSF – Scheduling roles for future meetings : to be done for next week

JB – CE Update
Potential Board interest in adopting PT CE Framework
RUoP accepted PT CE to facilitate an upcoming conversation

KM – Centres & Groups Surveys
Openness from SGS to work more closely with PT :
Board as visioning
SGS as actualizing
PT as feedback loop

4. CB Vacancy – Governance Nominee
A formal goodbye – KM
Nomination Process – decision – reuse TT nomination process SSF, JF

5. Debrief on September All-PT Call :: Membership (2020.09.26)
Asynchronous feedback form created, cutoff 2020.10.07.

6. Initial Planning / Brainstorm on October 25 All-PT Call :: ? (2020.10.25) – Membership Proposal ? A topic outside PT : e.g.
– SGS Centre Survey
– Sakyong Teaching
– Community Engagement Plan
– Relationship between PT & SGS (and Board ?) and invite a member of SGS (and Board ?).
Notes :
* Check with Susie re. her availability
* There is a Mahayana call that day from 13:00 to 14:30 ET.
7. Touch in on next Open Conversation (2020.10.11)
– Who will host ? (KM on retreat)
– Could we start with 5 minutes per WG to share where they are at ?
– This next date & time conflicts with a Board Open Call :
– – Can we invite the whole PT to the Board conversation ?
8. Updates from Working Groups
Flex Time
Discussion re. inviting and training new PT members (i.e. Finance & Legal)

9. Debrief and Closing
9.A. Brief Meeting Evaluation (thumb gestures and, or a quick round of liked & did not like, deeper discussion would be scheduled for another time)
9.B. Closing Touch-In
9.C. Dedication of Merit
9.D. Bow

Decisions Made

 

Date Review Date Decision Details
2020.10.01 Shambhala Times article cleared to be sent for publication next week.

 

Action Items

 

Date Due Date Lead Action Item Details
2020.10.01 JB Confirm whether all PT members can attend Board Open Call.
2020.10.01 KM Prepare draft of ‘goodbye’ for PT members and evaluate where it is to be posted
2020.10.01 KM Post shambhala times article – for transparency on groups IO for all of the PT.  
2020.10.01 SF Scheduling roles for future meetings : to be done fo

 next week

2020.10.? SF Nomination for open CB seat

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.