To read summaries from past community conversations, view the Community Conversation archive.
About Shambhala Community Conversations
Shambhala Community Conversations is a series of sangha-wide live group discussions designed to encourage connection, collective reflection, and new directions forward for our community.
Beginning with deep exploration, each of these conversations will move into personal, local, and mandala-wide action.
What We Discuss
We host inclusive and genuine discussions on the key topics affecting our community, such as:
- The future of Shambhala governance.
- Our teachings, dharma, and practice paths.
- Our community’s relationship to lineage.
- Building stronger relationships across our differences.
We want to hear what topics you most wish to discuss, so please share them.
How We Share Conversations with the Community
All conversations are documented and shared with the community and with Shambhala’s leadership structures. We document each conversation as follows:
- We provide spaces for written reflection at intervals during the conversation.
- Facilitators record and anonymize a transcript of the group conversation.
- After the meeting, participants can share any further insights they wish to with our team via email.
Our volunteer team then creates a summary of each conversation, as well as providing the full unedited text. These summaries are publicly available, and are shared with Shambhala’s leadership bodies. Participant names are not shared.
Shambhala Community Conversations began as an initiative of the Shambhala Process Team. At present, we are a mixture of Process Team members, community volunteers, and dozens of trained facilitators from across the community.
How to Join Us
You can join our mailing list and register for upcoming Community Conversations through Shambhala Online.
And we’d love to meet you; please introduce yourself! Mention the topics you’re most interested in and your language preferences, and we will be in touch with you as we move forward.