This document was originally posted on the Transition Task Force website.
Some people have asked about the differences between the Interim Board and the Process Team, how they will work together and, specifically, what each is being asked to do. We have made these short lists of what we are asking each one to do.
- Keep the Shambhala organizations compliant with their legal obligations.
- Keep the Shambhala organizations financially solvent.
- Identify and skillfully utilize the resources available to you, including the training offered to the board by An Olive Branch and others.
- Support the work of the Process Team and collaborate with them when appropriate.
- Support Europe by approving an appropriate leadership team for Shambhala Europe, reflecting the wisdom and aspiration of the European Shambhala sangha.
- Support the regions and the centers around the world in continuing their work.
- Support the ongoing work of Shambhala central services, the various employees, and the ongoing work of the pillars.
- Be in communication with the community about important developments and decisions in Shambhala, for example:
- Report to the community on the results of the collaboration with An Olive Branch, in particular the new Care and Conduct policy that was developed with An Olive Branch.
- Release to the community as much of the Wickwire Holm report as is legally and ethically possible while respecting confidentiality.
- Keep the Sakyong apprised of your work even though he is not responding to any administrative aspects of Shambhala or the Interim Board.
- Work with Andrew Sacamano as an advisor for the first six weeks as a liaison from and link to the work of the Transition Task Force.
- Manifest the virtues of all yanas in your actions, as individuals and a group.
- Organize yourselves as you see fit to harmoniously accomplish your tasks.
- Understand the resources that are available to you, and use them skillfully to further the team’s work.
- In that work, draw on the wisdom of the lineage and the community, and our nearly 50 years of practice since the 11th Trungpa Rinpoche came to the west.
- In particular, engage the full breadth of the Shambhala community in conversation to discover what is needed now.
- In communication with the lineage, the Interim Board, pillars, regional leadership, and center leadership, explore steps that could be taken now to help meet the immediate needs of the Shambhala community.
- Provide assistance to that leadership in implementing those steps, as you are asked, and as you feel is appropriate.
- Engage in the entire community and the lineage in a conversation about what a long-term model for community leadership could look like for Shambhala.
- Be extremely available to the Shambhala community throughout this process, maintaining a open ear, open mind, and an open heart.
- Be as transparent as possible in your work, inviting celebration of your successes, and honesty about your difficulties.
- Stay in touch with members of the Interim Board about your ongoing dialogue and work.
- Manifest gentleness, fearlessness, and intelligence in your actions, as individuals and as a group.